The Problem Facing Harley-Davidson

"Then i went up the Chicago to check out the Triumph Thunderbird LT and ended up with my 2015 R3T for $14,500.00 out the door."

Billy I almost bought that bike, I did get even luckier, I found the same 2105 R3T @ Randy's cycles a little further away in Chicago, for $11,900 out the door brand new had like 80 miles on it. Absolutely love that bike. I was looking at the Indian's as well. They are nice, just can't pay that for a name.

I totally agree that to most people bikes are a commodity item. When I got back into bikes a few years ago I stumbled across my 2005 America with 2800 miles on it for $3500.00. We will not talk about how much I have put it.

Anyway when Ema told me she wanted a bigger bike I walked into the Indian shop and decided I liked the Springfield. Around $24,500.00. I then went to the Harley store and to be honest I was so turned off by all the do not sit on and do not touch signs and the corporate attitude I walked out. (The Indian store asked to see my motorcycle endorsement then offered me the keys to whatever I wanted to ride.

Then i went up the Chicago to check out the Triumph Thunderbird LT and ended up with my 2015 R3T for $14,500.00 out the door.

Not lonely do I think I got the most technology for the kind of bike I was looking for. I also got the best price.

I think Triumph's new line is well placed for new riders. I think they would be wise to put the 900cc in a cruiser and bring it in at a price point of $9,500.00. The Street Twin is an awesome ride.

If they only had a marketing department.

Yes I have taken two Indians out for a weekend each, you just don't want to give em back...great marketing ploy and down to earth service!

I just couldn't come to terms with the longer wheelbase v's not a lot of power....my Rocket has a long wheelbase ....oh but plenty of jump!

I also have my scooter...an 86 HD Sportster. On a barmy warm evening cruising along a beach road at 80km an hour, there is no better feeling....or sound. To own a Rocket and a big harley makes no sense to me. I use my harley for around town and big bertha when I wanna eat up some serious miles...and she just spits them out!

Back