The name bear claw??

9000 rpm???...geezuz! i thought the factory setting was 6300rpm?...at least both mine were...took my 14 out to 7150rpm via tuneecu but choose to leave my 16 stock after my triumph mechanic friend said the valves dont like being revved over 7000rpm.

Holy Crap that does sound very similar maybe it is a drop bear fell out of tree somewhere and crawled under there I have heard they are quick little beggers and yeah the rocket does go a little quicker

I have a feeling I will be riding everywhere very quickly......

dropbear1.jpg
**** even the koalas are dangerous ! :eek: :eek:

Man, that thing ate a Chupacabra!
Ken is a sweet natured Koala and lightning quick but not the smartest of marsupials. It is just that it matched his favourite sweet tooth craving for Chupa Chups. Someone must have spotted it and started to cry an alarm and as soon as they got the Chupa out our little mate was onto it.

Ken said later he wasn't too keen on the new wrapping but liked the new flavour.;):D:roll::roll::roll:

chupa-chup-large_1.jpg

Pretty sure if you were running up around 9000 RPM, you would need to have your cylinder head modified first, so you can convert to shim under bucket, and stronger valve springs, before you could safely rev to 9000 RPM.
Otherwise it will spit the shims out and valves will get piston hammered.

Also would probably need different cams as the stock ones max out around 6000 RPM so there'd be no point in revving past 6-6500 with stock cams. Power would die off after 6500.

Ideally you'd also have lighter pistons and valves fitted too so they don't have as much inertia and engine can spin up faster.

Basically if you run at 9000 RPM with stock engine it will probably be destroyed shortly after and suddenly.

Just My opinion ??

Pretty sure if you were running up around 9000 RPM, you would need to have your cylinder head modified first, so you can convert to shim under bucket, and stronger valve springs, before you could safely rev to 9000 RPM.
Otherwise it will spit the shims out and valves will get piston hammered.

Also would probably need different cams as the stock ones max out around 6000 RPM so there'd be no point in revving past 6-6500 with stock cams. Power would die off after 6500.

Ideally you'd also have lighter pistons and valves fitted too so they don't have as much inertia and engine can spin up faster.

Basically if you run at 9000 RPM with stock engine it will probably be destroyed shortly after and suddenly.

Just My opinion ??
My Classic has a completely stock motor, just intake and exhaust changed. It has a 9000 rpm map but I generally shift between 7-7500 rpms. It does lose a couple of hp past 6000, but is still making just over 160 hp at 7250 rpms where the dyno was shut down.

Back