The name bear claw??

Roscoe

Biker Chaplain
Ride
2008 R3
Well I wondered why do they call it a bear claw ya have to chop it up to look like one but now I know!!! Picked my bike up from Triumph today after a major service and throwing a RamAir kit under that silver thing everyone seems to call a bear claw, headed home and thought lets see what difference this thing made!

Well Holy Crap ......... I got to about 3000rpm and I could hear this bear growling at me.... I filled my pants backed off and thought about it while looking around terrified and, oh hang on I am in Australia we don't have bears here, oh except for the drop bear but no trees around me..... hit the throttle again took it all the way to 6000 RPM and oh my God it shot through to 9000 Rpm I was terrified I had a bloody bear chasing me and as hard as I tried I could not get away from it,,,,,,

I drifted round the corners sideways slammed the breaks on side stand down and ran into my home slamming the door behind me peering out the window looking for that bloody bear! I looked at the side of my bike and finally realised where the sound came from....... under that bear claw!

Any advice be much appreciated I am scared to get back on my bike in case that bear hears me and comes growling again!

In my defense, I've never broken a crank...

Just burned the bearings on a couple. :(
Ok but I did not want to you get the bear so excited you burned its crank bearings and broke a exhaust cam. Im just waiting to see whats broken now :)

Last edited:
The first ride with the Ramair installed i stopped because figured something was installed wrong. Thought to myself "how did i screw that up" Took it easy getting back to the house and got on here to see what the problem was. Discovered noise was normal. Enjoyed it ever since. :):):):):):)

The first ride with the Ramair installed i stopped because figured something was installed wrong. Thought to myself "how did i screw that up" Took it easy getting back to the house and got on here to see what the problem was. Discovered noise was normal. Enjoyed it ever since. :):):):):):)
Unlike a few of the women I date that enjoy being choked, that big British girl likes to breathe.

I will say the Ramair or triple K&N, or whatever, free a lot of room under the tank. And make a nice little storage box under the seat

Back