The most accurate Fuel Gauge you will ever find ...

Awesome DRR3T - be sure to do a report on it when you get it - some pics of your install (both the mounting and the electrical connections) would be big help for anyone following suit.

Will do. I'll document the installation as best I can and post a blow by blow account.

There are only 4 wires to connect:
Three for the Speed Sender (which also powers the module) and one for the Fuel Injector

Fuelbot.jpg

And the wires all connect simply with the supplied PosiTap connectors;

Find the Speed Sender connector (follow it from the speed sensor itself on the crankcase) and connect it to the wires on either the sender side or main harness side of the Connector;

FuelBot ............. Sender ................... Main Harness

Red ................... Orange/Red ............. Black/Yellow
Black ................ Black/White ............. Black
Purple ............... Pink ........................ Pink/Yellow

And then the Grey Fuel Injector Wire to Fuel Injector #1 Yellow Pink Wire (or if you want to use #2 it would be Yellow/Purple or #3, the Yellow/Black)

There are only 4 wires to connect:
Three for the Speed Sender (which also powers the module) and one for the Fuel Injector

Fuelbot.jpg

And the wires all connect simply with the supplied PosiTap connectors;

Find the Speed Sender connector (follow it from the speed sensor itself on the crankcase) and connect it to the wires on either the sender side or main harness side of the Connector;

FuelBot ............. Sender ................... Main Harness

Red ................... Orange/Red ............. Black/Yellow
Black ................ Black/White ............. Black
Purple ............... Pink ........................ Pink/Yellow

And then the Grey Fuel Injector Wire to Fuel Injector #1 Yellow Pink Wire (or if you want to use #2 it would be Yellow/Purple or #3, the Yellow/Black)

@Joesmoe you need this!!! Only thing you don't have!!! Lol

How much is this new fangled thingy. My R3 low fuel light is always on and I would like to have a "real" gauge.

You can see it on my bike DJ -
The price (at least when I made the posting) is in the opening post in the thread - but should check with Dave directly to validate current price.

Major appreciation for use of your 'test bed' today! :D
It was invaluable for data measurement - although of course the problem I had been seeing on another was non-existent on yours!
But it still allowed me to validate some things.

:(Geeez Ken I am still trying to save the penny's for your keyless ignition and now you offer us this (even if you didn't make it) sure would be a good addition :thumbsup:

You can see it on my bike DJ -
The price (at least when I made the posting) is in the opening post in the thread - but should check with Dave directly to validate current price.

Major appreciation for use of your 'test bed' today! :D
It was invaluable for data measurement - although of course the problem I had been seeing on another was non-existent on yours!
But it still allowed me to validate some things.

No problem. I do hope she behaved herself.

:(Geeez Ken I am still trying to save the penny's for your keyless ignition and now you offer us this (even if you didn't make it) sure would be a good addition :thumbsup:
This is very tempting. Just installed my wireless ignition from Ken Woo Hoo Thanks Ken you da Man :D

Back