albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
well in grenoble city in a downpour I got stuck ...bike would not start anymore got a tow truck and dropped the r3 at the local triumph dealership booked 3nights at a local hotel , seems the shop gives local customers first crack at the repair shop and I would be last so much for helping stranded rider!! but spoke to the sales department and the man sounded honest all this to say that he claimed that all the official triumph dealers in france had one TFC allocated per dealership and they are all SOLD !! including his allotment and he claimed he had many more people with cash asking for a TFC .
TRIUMPH must be happy with the results
personally I am not interested .and when my bike gets fixed I will keep on riding that good old R3 with a 50lbs suitcase on the luggage rack..

seems the shop gives local customers first crack at the repair shop and I would be last so much for helping stranded rider!! .
Imagine what being stranded in France is like if you cannot speak French. Sadly - I know. And it strains my not especially ample patience.

I can understand your dilemma when confronted with a shop mechanic with an attitude
Or a twit ambulance medic who simply cannot be bothered to tend to a wounded person because they don't speak French.
May his balls wither to the size of an ant and fall into the bowels of a hungry Aardvark.

Or a twit ambulance medic who simply cannot be bothered to tend to a wounded person because they don't speak French.
May his balls wither to the size of an ant and fall into the bowels of a hungry Aardvark.

What did you do with the rest of him? I like 'chunky' descriptive narratives but you appear to favour 'double diminutives'.;):D

What did you do with the rest of him? I like 'chunky' descriptive narratives but you appear to favour 'double diminutives'.;):D
It’s hell being from the south trying to figure out what you’ll are saying, I’ve just put Webster’s on the kitchen table to follow Barbagris now you are speaking the same way

It’s hell being from the south trying to figure out what you’ll are saying, I’ve just put Webster’s on the kitchen table to follow Barbagris now you are speaking the same way

Oxford Concise for us Colonials, @barbagris is one too, despite his Iberian antics. ;):D

Native English endings that could be seen as diminutives[edit]

List of diminutives by language - Wikipedia

Hey, better spin your globe, I'm far further South than y'all.

I just write sh!t, don't mean I know what it means but if it fits, I'ze just chuck it in there.;)
While yer at it, quicker to look them all up in your Roget's Thesaurus under 'Taking the Piss" ;):D

Last edited:
I was being decorous. Said "monsieur" escaped maliferous retribution, due to Mrs B; who was the offended party.

A ski paramedic (a Frenchman of Spanish parentage) appeared (on his way home from the "pistes") and took Mrs B into his personal care.
Fitted a neck brace in seconds and then gave said "monsieur" a serious roasting. I got the impression he was getting "reported" in no uncertain manner.

And anyway - I have decided I like Aardvarks, and want to introduce them more into polite intercourse.

hqdefault.jpg

Oxford Concise for us Colonials, @barbagris is one too, despite his Iberian antics. ;):D

List of diminutives by language - Wikipedia

Hey, better spin your globe, I'm far further South than y'all.

I just write sh!t, don't mean I know what it means but if it fits, I'ze just chuck it in there.;)
While yer at it, quicker to look them all up in your Roget's Thesaurus under 'Taking the Piss" ;):D
I was thinking more along the lines of this book for a better descriptive explaination:

40th Anniversary Edition Profanisaurus - Viz

Back