Strange Cravings/Urges???

Yes to the last post...and as far as british food...the perception, for the most part is correct. My son and I did have a pretty decent dinner at Garfunkels (finkles?) next to the Dominion Theater before we went to see WWRY but most of the time it was Burger King and McDonalds and one indie pizza place (that wasn't bad at all) and two meals at the Ace Motorcycle Cafe...but I could survive there if I had to...but it is bloody well expensive. I don't know how the british can afford to eat myself...at least at the fast food places. And don't get me started on their coffee.

Dennis

37 dtg Dubai
38 dtg Thunderbird'n time

152 dtg Dubai
153 dtg HOME for good!

That is the slow Veyron you are talking about the new Veyron Sport Edition pumps out 1184bhp with a top speed of 267mph. The Veyron is designed in Germany and built in France, the world is upside down what next Triumphs made in the FAR EAST:D:D

I will buy a Veyron next year, it gives many miles to the gallon,,,,wait,, i think i got it backwards:D

Bejing Bikers?

That is the slow Veyron you are talking about the new Veyron Sport Edition pumps out 1184bhp with a top speed of 267mph. The Veyron is designed in Germany and built in France, the world is upside down what next Triumphs made in the FAR EAST:D:D

Don't be overly miffed if that does indeed come true! It's all a numbers game in the end; whoever can fabricate something reasonably adroitly, and at minimal cost, will get the contract in the bitter end! Hell, HD EVO motors are largely manufactured in China already and assembled in America:rolleyes: Can the Triumph's be next?????:confused:

The middle class can never compete with those who want to be middle class. Once you have something you are reluctant to give it up, but if you don't have it in the first place you'll do anything to get it. How can you compete with skilled labor trained by western schools who will work for peanuts?
Chinese cars are right around the bend and your neighbor will buy one.

Better Learn Mandarin!

The middle class can never compete with those who want to be middle class. Once you have something you are reluctant to give it up, but if you don't have it in the first place you'll do anything to get it. How can you compete with skilled labor trained by western schools who will work for peanuts?
Chinese cars are right around the bend and your neighbor will buy one.

Without a doubt. What makes China and India spectacular players is the depth and breadth of their respective cultures, and the quality of their populations. Spanning several thousand years of nearly contiguous cultural homogeneity and with very bright, very motivated, very assertive populations that border on being numberless!!! Legions of Engineers with several specialties and hard won academic excellence rarely equaled anymore in the West willing to work to the death for a fraction of the compensation that Western workers will accept. By 2030 the Indians will surpass even the multitudes of Chinese in sheer numbers to boot. Over two BILLION of these alpha-people!!! It boggles the mind! And these are not uneducated Hispanics sneaking under our fences with hopes of working at Burger King, or roofing by day and selling meth at night. The Asians, by stark contrast, set a high premium on empirical education and focus on hard natural science and mathematics. Their work ethic typically puts ours to shame. Hell, their kids are doing calculus by middle school on average...while our kids hang their pants half way down their skinny asses and blithely plug in to their Chinese made I-Pods:mad:. Pathetic. Achievement means everything to the Asians; failure is not an option.

SOON THE WESTERN EMPIRE (currently dominated by the U.S.) WILL CRUMBLE as the forces of entropy and self delusion cloud our vision. Sheer competition from these unscrupulous and unstoppable Chinese and Indians will subsume and outflank us at every turn...it's already happening...while we run and hide in silly, fatuous fundamentalism, parochialism and conservatism; as if these dodges will shield us from the inexorable tsunami thundering our way from the East!:rolleyes: Many of us are akin to Ostriches with heads poked firmly into the sand while the devastating, massive, peaking Asian wave rushes landward. And this is merely the beginning. :eek:The future will be fashioned in Asia while the West steadily fades from significance. Certainly enclaves of creativity will continue to flourish in the West (and everywhere) and gifted, creative minds can yet find purchase in this rapidly morphing world, but certainly the major economic impetus and the juggernaut-like emergence of these mighty techno-cultures cannot be denied. Their stupendous potential dwarfs that of the West by several orders of magnitude. By mid century I'm sure Asia (in some form or another) will be firmly in control of the world's destiny...for good or ill...it is nevertheless as inevitable as tomorrows sunrise:eek:

For once I will pretty much have to agree with Dracul's assessment of some of the future...I don't know if it will happen like that...but it has a pretty good chance of becoming reality.

And Hellfire...you made a very profound statement: "We have indeed politically corrected ourselves into certain mediocrity." That is the shame that is really happening...we did it to ourselves.

Dennis

34 dtg Dubai
35 dtg Thunderbird'n time

149 dtg Dubai
150 dtg HOME for good!

For once I will pretty much have to agree with Dracul's assessment of some of the future...I don't know if it will happen like that...but it has a pretty good chance of becoming reality.

And Hellfire...you made a very profound statement: "We have indeed politically corrected ourselves into certain mediocrity." That is the shame that is really happening...we did it to ourselves.

Dennis

34 dtg Dubai

149 dtg Dubai
150 dtg HOME for good!

Never mind the politically correct crap, Dennis you yakee wanker where is my t-shirt :D

As far as I know it is home...but my wife doesn't go out to D&D's or out that way hardly at all.

You may have to wait till I get there or we'll meet up at Daryl's and I'll give it to you then.

Again, if she does goe out that way (or one of my son's) I'll have her drop it off.

Dennis

34 dtg Dubai

149 dtg Dubai
150 dtg HOME for good!

Back