stock air filter vs K & N

snuffer

.060 Over
Does the K & N offer better airflow? If it does, and I install one do I need to make any tune changes?

Thanks

yes,
and just the 12 minute tune will do,
BUT
since it increases the air flow, you should richen up the A/F mixture
with either a tuneboy, tuneECU, PC3, or Dobeck
efi controller, or you'll be running lean....
Hope this helps.
skip

head mechanic at my local triumph dealership told me with my t.o.r.s. and cat bypass a stock filter is better with triumphs own map cos their maps don't cover k&n's. so it's an after market tune as already mentioned if you fit one. tried the 12min tune on mine he said that would'nt do the job, he was right, it pops back at 1500rpm on shut off. i would go the tuneboy etc. route but i have enough trouble with this p/c. probably turn into a toaster or a fridge if i plugged into it.

will give you 50more horses and no tune is needed and I also have one for sale:D
Careful, he might not know your kidding. lol

Dropping in a K&N replacing the stock filter is fine, he's right.. no need to tune for it past the 12 min tune. But the others are right, everything you do to make it breath better leans the mixture. It's a good start (it's the first thing I did, then later sold it too) and if you are happy keeping it stock, it's a good thing to do. But if you are after real performance increases ... keep reading past threads. :)

Back