Started The 20,000 TUNE UP

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Been riding the Fatboy all week back and forth to work. Got it running good but not good enough. It is fun to ride but have gotten spoiled riding the ROCKET X. So being a little more motivated to tuning up the Rocket I started today. Spent the better part of the day reading and studying Tune ECU. Feeling comfortable with the system went ahead and did the diagnostic test offered by Tune ECU. NO CODES AT ALL. The throttle bodys are reading all the same which was amazing to me after 20,000 miles. Idle is fine. Everything checked out good. Still to this day the idea of hooking a bike up to a computer and checking it out just blows me away. Opening the throttle up and checking the opening (99%) really messes with my head. Much easier than pulling an air filter and checking slide location. Stem nut adjustment is first on the list in the morning. Next will be the gas filter. Valve check will be dead last. Might want to check out the front brake pads (rear was just replaced) Who am I kidding the whole bike front to back is going to be checked and lubed. Winter is coming and just do not feel up to being stranded out in the middle of nowhere with a busted cable due to lack of maintenance. The Harley at 20,000 required a new mapp sensor and had blown 5 codes. Good on yea TRIUMPH. Some folks buy a bike for the name, others for the performance, some because they think they will look cool. I bought the ROCKET not only for its performance and reputation but also because it has a reputation of reliability. In one year's time and 21,000 miles later we are really a happy camper to say the least. Never have a started a major tune up on a bike with such good results as today. Very happy.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Help. What size is the adjustment and lock nut on the steering stem? I know it is larger than 32MM:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( 40MM sound about right?

Last edited:
Back