Spy shots new rocket

Interesting.
Silver crank cases that look separate to the Black Cylinders.
I would have to loose the indicators, plate holder (but realize that's for legal reasons)
Headers look big, but are probably double skinned as heat shields look "minimal"
Interesting that the front axle is rearward of the sliders.
There was some JAP Bike that had that years ago, looked strange then, still looks strange now :confused:
There sure would be one big box underneath there that is the CAT/muffler, I bet that weighs a ton !

Wouldn't be surprised if this is rolled out first then a more traditional model unveiled later. Similar to the Bobber unveil, then the Speedmaster several months after.

I think it looks very very cool and modern. It instantly makes the current Rocket look old (hat) - sorry guys!

Optional peg position is long overdue and something they should have done with the Roadster. I’m sure it cost them a lot of sales - it’s the main reason I didn’t buy one.
Return to 3 exhaust a huge plus and, again, something they missed the mark on with the Roadster.
Dash looks similar to the Scrambler 1200 and I’d say will include some of the same features such as turn by turn navigation.
Love the LED headlights with DRL.
Biggest blunder for mine is what looks to still be a 16” rear wheel (assuming the front is still a 17). Hopefully they either wake up and go bigger or have some better tyre options lined up.
I wouldn’t be getting too knotted up about either the rear end or the number plate and blinkers at this stage. First release is going to be quite different to the one released as the production model later.

Gonna be easier to replace rear wheels & tires.
Short rear sux for adding panniers when needed.
Definitely needs a proper header.
Looks like the rear wheel is still 16" - drat!
I wanna know if/what was changed/improved in the tranny . . .?
Anxious to see one in person.

Back