Speedometer Calibration

Getting back to tje original question, "can the speedo be recalibrated". My wife's Tiger 900 is out by 10kph and I asked 2 diffferent dealer mechanics if the speedo could be recal;ibrated and they both said no.
On my other R3 I run a 55 profile tyre and this brings the speedo to almost exact

I have confirmed that the speedometer on my bike (R3 GT) is approximately 10% higher than the actual speed/distance and as such my Odometer will be 10% high.
Does anyone know of a way to calibrate the speedometer on these bikes yet?

Thanks
I noticed the same thing when I bought my 21 GT and asked the dealer’s service/part guy about it and was told that there’s no adjustment/fix for the speedometer. He thought the odometer to be correct. My speedometer is a consistent 5 mph off at all speeds, so it’s a pretty easy mental adjustment to make.

When new, my 21 GT was consistently 5 mph off at all speeds, and now, at 8000 miles, it’s still 5 mph off with the same tires.

No way to calibrate our bikes speedos yet. I spoke with heal tech. They’re working on a speedo healer for our bikes but it hasn’t been produced yet. My speedo reads 5 mph too fast up to about 90 ish. After that it gets worse. It does throw the odometer off as well. I’ve co firmed this with my girlfriend’s Indian scout. Anytime we go anywhere and gas up we both reset our trips. Every gas stop my odometer is always 3-4 miles more than Hers every 100 ish miles. Do the math it adds up. and her speedometer is dead on with gps and a speedometer app that we use. She also has a gsxs 1000 gt and her speedometer on that is off by the same amount as my 2020 rocket 3r. Manufacturers do this so that the miles rack up faster for warranties. Essentially you’ll reach whatever factory warranty mileage there is quicker. Of course they don’t admit that but that’s why it’s done I’m convinced. I have a speedo healer on my 2017 hayabusa. Going to reach out to heal tech again to see how development on one for the rocket is progressing and to see if they have one for my girlfriends gsxs.

The 5 mph is for Civil liability. Easy for an attorney to testify to the speed is 5 mph for the benefit of the driver in case they 'accidentally' go over the speed limit there is that leeway. This takes fault away from Triumph by stating the first 5 mph you went over wasn't really going over so you had to intentionally try to speed because we gave you 5 mph from the start. You're right about the warranty part. Just an added benefit for them. :thumbsup:

The 5 mph is for Civil liability. Easy for an attorney to testify to the speed is 5 mph for the benefit of the driver in case they 'accidentally' go over the speed limit there is that leeway. This takes fault away from Triumph by stating the first 5 mph you went over wasn't really going over so you had to intentionally try to speed because we gave you 5 mph from the start. You're right about the warranty part. Just an added benefit for them. :thumbsup:
Never thought about that aspect
Of it lol

Back