Brands are very good to sell clothes to Ladies, with a smaller size number than real and boys enjoy to say that they drive at 135 mph as said by any speedometer even if it wrong. This is in France. How is it in your country ?

My Rocket 3 GT Speedometer is out! When doing 120kph (via GPS and phone) my R3GT speedometer reads 128kph. An 8kph delta, that's 5mph.

I called the dealer and the service person said "Yeah they do it like that on purpose!" To which I asked "Can I get it fixed?" to which he replied "Nope, can't do anything about it!" He also didn't know if it was set to be 8kph all the time or if it was a percentage of speed but he did say the speed will always show faster. HOWEVER, he did say that "Your odometer is bang on because they (the industry) got sued for eating peoples warranty away sooner than it should have"

1 - Is this true? if so, sh!t!
2 - If not, can it be fixed? By me or by service?
It’s good to know that at least the mileage is counted accurately. Always wondered about that, but never bothered to research how it was handled

My Rocket 3 GT Speedometer is out! When doing 120kph (via GPS and phone) my R3GT speedometer reads 128kph. An 8kph delta, that's 5mph.

I called the dealer and the service person said "Yeah they do it like that on purpose!" To which I asked "Can I get it fixed?" to which he replied "Nope, can't do anything about it!" He also didn't know if it was set to be 8kph all the time or if it was a percentage of speed but he did say the speed will always show faster. HOWEVER, he did say that "Your odometer is bang on because they (the industry) got sued for eating peoples warranty away sooner than it should have"

1 - Is this true? if so, sh!t!
2 - If not, can it be fixed? By me or by service?
Same here : GPS TomTom at 110 km/h vs the R3 at 118 ! Never had such a delta neither with my previous Indian RM nor with my car. Will wait for the first maintenance and check with the mechanic.

..Or ignore it and enjoy the bike :)
It's not like it's a sonar or radar that might lead to you scraping the bottom of your boat against a reef because sonar indicates you should be able to steer clear.

..Or ignore it and enjoy the bike :)
It's not like it's a sonar or radar that might lead to you scraping the bottom of your boat against a reef because sonar indicates you should be able to steer clear.
Yes I do ignore it and enjoy the ride since I'm used to rely only on my GPS. But will just let the mechanic know in case he tells it's a problem to be fixed.

Yes I do ignore it and enjoy the ride since I'm used to rely only on my GPS. But will just let the mechanic know in case he tells it's a problem to be fixed.
We/people see things differently and i respect that. It's just that i don't think i have ever owned a vehicle with a accurate speedo. I always assume if i keep the indicated speed i won't be fined for speeding. I wouldn't go to the lenghts of fitting a GPS just to check speed, it's basically a non issue to me, but again we're all different and i respect that. :)

An FWIW comment.

Because the original speedo on my 1979 Guzzi was getting a bit "all over the place", I have been running it with a little GPS speedo. The original was always optimistic though the TRIP METER was always close to spot on.

However the MoT men were less than happy with GPS only.
So fitted a sensor driven speedo - gearbox sensor. Apparently this puts out 1 pulse per metre.
Speedo so configured and it matches GPS exactly on new (barely worn anyway) tyres.

I said FWIW.

Back