Speedometer is off by around 10%

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
The Speedometer on these rockets are off by 10% .
Tried riding at 90 kmph / 55mph and it was showing 97kmph 60mph
at high speeds it gets more OFF, 120kmph is 110kmph. 200kmph / 120mph is actually 185kmph / 114miles

So, if your odometer is reading 10,000 miles its not actually 10,000 miles its 9000 miles as we are always 10% off

whats the point of non calibrated odometer from factory? Will it not reduce resale value of bike?

thanks

Look how reliable these high mileage Rockets are. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Servicing is increased by 10% brilliant marketing move. Also makes your fuel mileage look better than it actually is. The TFT says Range 150 miles but is -15 miles or really only 135 miles. Don't gauge your fuel mileage off the TFT, you're gonna come up short.

5-10% high is pretty standard for motorcycles and cars, I read that EU regulations fine manufacturers if they're low, so they go a little higher to be safe. Not sure if that's the true reason, but almost any vehicle runs high, never low. I'm sure it's lawyer driven, whatever the reason.

Last edited:
The Speedometer on these rockets are off by 10% .
Tried riding at 90 kmph / 55mph and it was showing 97kmph 60mph
at high speeds it gets more OFF, 120kmph is 110kmph. 200kmph / 120mph is actually 185kmph / 114miles

So, if your odometer is reading 10,000 miles its not actually 10,000 miles its 9000 miles as we are always 10% off

whats the point of non calibrated odometer from factory? Will it not reduce resale value of bike?

thanks
Mine seems to be off about 5 mph no matter the speed.

I've never owned any vehicle - two wheels or four - that didn't read high. Used to be you could get the speedo calibrated if you really cared, such as if you put different sized tires and were trying to get out of a speeding ticket.

Seems the Exedra Max rear tire helps correct the speedo some. But then does that mess with the odometer? Well actually it has more
miles than showing. o_O:roll::roll::roll::roll:

I paid attention today... at 25mph (using my phone) the speedo showed about 24... at 85mph it showed about 90mph... I've had a Honda, other Triumphs... and a HD that show/showed about the same.
-MIG

Back