Speedometer Calibration

If u use the excerda max u have to modify the plastic shield at mid point on the back or it will rub.

I talked to the dealer about this, and he reached out to Triumph. They stated that due to European laws they had to be coservative in their calibration. But 10% off does not make sence. I deal with 0.1% error in my line of work and is easily achievable. You would think they will have a software switch to the effect "if European model set error to 10%", "if rest of the world set error to 1%." Any way, he suggested I contact Triumph directly to object to this issue. Now I simply add 10% to my speed and travel accordingly.

I talked to the dealer about this, and he reached out to Triumph. They stated that due to European laws they had to be coservative in their calibration. But 10% off does not make sence. I deal with 0.1% error in my line of work and is easily achievable. You would think they will have a software switch to the effect "if European model set error to 10%", "if rest of the world set error to 1%."
Any way, he suggested I contact Triumph directly to object to this issue. Now I simply add 10% to my speed and travel accordingly.

When u talk to triumph tell them u want to correct speedo with out screwing up odometer

I just talked to them and were not much of a help. Stated they are allowed 10% variance for both US and European markets. He did say there are different tunes for different markest and suggested I take it to the dealer to make sure they have installed the US market version. I will call the dealer tomorrow (they close on Monday's) and see what they say. I suspect they will claim it is a US tune and that's the way it is.

Mine is 5.5 mph fast across my rev range. I recall something in tuneecu that allowed for speedo modification.

I realize this thread is a couple years old but wanted to chime in. They make a speedo healer up to 2021 rocket 3s. I purchased one and calibrated it according to the instructions. I’ve installed plenty of speedo healers including the ones on my other two bikes. It did not work for my 2020 r. Tried recalibrating twice and now go. Speedo healers have always worked great for me in the past with no issue but not on this bike for whatever reason

I use the 10% rule. So at 60 mph that's 6 mph less, 40 - 4, 80-8, 125- 12, 100-10 ... The big negative is it steals 10% of the warranty too. :mad:
Plus side is it makes you think the tires last longer and fuel mileage is better than reality. zoom zooom

I use the 10% rule. So at 60 mph that's 6 mph less, 40 - 4, 80-8, 125- 12, 100-10 ... The big negative is it steals 10% of the warranty too. :mad:
Plus side is it makes you think the tires last longer and fuel mileage is better than reality. zoom zooom
Yeah mine is about 5 mph of up to about 80 mph. After that it gets worse. It’s just annoying having to do math every time you look down at the speedometer. I put speedo healers on a bunch of my past bikes including my current other two that I have. It’s so nice to just look down and know you are going the speed that the **** speedometer says you are.

There are two main points.
1. Manufacturer sets the speedometer to show few percents more to be covered if you broke the speed limit.
2. Very important is condition of the tires. The new have cca 1.5 cm bigger diameter than old. If you calculate πd-π(d-1.5), you will see relatively big diference between the circle of the tire. Because ODO calculates the revolutions of the wheel and spewdometer calculates the speed from this, it is clear that real speed on worn tores is significantly lower then on new tires.

Back