SpeedMaster help

RKTNMYPKT

Village Idiot
Ride
2021 HD RoadGlide
So I'm changing the battery on my daughters Speedy that died after 5 months :mad:

I'm undoing the two small bolts that hold on the air box cover, and realize that the inserts unscrewed with them :mad::mad::mad:

So I put them back in with some blue thread locker (medium strength) and am going to wait until tomorrow before reinstalling the cover.

However I'm not very optimistic that they are going to hold.

Any suggestions on a permanent fix?

Larger inserts?

The bike is still under warranty I could try pawning it off on the dealer I guess

image.jpg
image.jpg

IF youre locktite holds be sure to use anti seize on the bolts?

I'm thinking loctite on the bolts as well, since I can't really tighten them down without risking stripping out the plastic that the inserts are in.

I would think Gorilla glue or a 2 part epoxy would take care of that...Just clean out the blue stuff, rough up the area and apply.

That is a common problem with Americas and Speedys. I used cyanoacrylate (Superglue) and it worked for me. You have to make sure everything is clean though.

CA glue should work. If that doesn't then West Systems. However, first option is to get the dealer to do it. That's what warranty is for. :)

I was able to get it all together for now, the loctite seemed to have helped the inserts.

I'll have the dealer check it out on the 1st service

Gotta have all the bugs worked out by the time I turn it over to my daughter at the end of the month ;)

Back