Soon To Be Rocket III Owner!

Congats and welcome to the site. Got Corbin hard bags for mine. Luv em and I think they look good too. The company will color match your paint when you purchase them too. If you picked up your bike from Foothills Triumph you'll be pleased with the service. Perhaps we'll run into each other.

Hi buddy

Panniers are the bane of my life at the moment. I'm popping up to Custom Wizard in Sheffield on Saturday to have a close look at some Long Ride bags with the click and lock system. Link is at the bottom of this post, click and it will take you to the product page

Don't go for the Hardstreet Slim bags because as far as I can see unless you are an engineer the won't fit easily. That said if you want to have a go I have a brand new set in matte black you can have with Easy Brackets...

Re back rest... I have one on my new 2014 model to ensure i keep my good lady with me when the urge to go to warp speed takes me and after a few changes I can change to with or without in less than 15mins so it's no problem is you fancy taking it off when you don't have a pillion

I'll let you know how I get on at Custom Wizard after the weekend

Ps you are goin to just love the R3R! I've done 1,300 mile in the month I've had mine, and that's me trying to moderate my use of her. It's awesome just awesome :)

Long Ride 49L Iparex Click & Lock Saddlebags, Fits Rocket III

The stock Triumph Rocket saddlebags can be simply modified so they are on and off in 5 minutes. Holesaw two holes through the back of the bag, where the bolts that hold the bags/frame to the bike go. Saves undoing all those pissy little capheads that hold the bags to the frames.

Hi buddy

Panniers are the bane of my life at the moment. I'm popping up to Custom Wizard in Sheffield on Saturday to have a close look at some Long Ride bags with the click and lock system. Link is at the bottom of this post, click and it will take you to the product page

Don't go for the Hardstreet Slim bags because as far as I can see unless you are an engineer the won't fit easily. That said if you want to have a go I have a brand new set in matte black you can have with Easy Brackets...

Re back rest... I have one on my new 2014 model to ensure i keep my good lady with me when the urge to go to warp speed takes me and after a few changes I can change to with or without in less than 15mins so it's no problem is you fancy taking it off when you don't have a pillion

I'll let you know how I get on at Custom Wizard after the weekend

Ps you are goin to just love the R3R! I've done 1,300 mile in the month I've had mine, and that's me trying to moderate my use of her. It's awesome just awesome :)

Long Ride 49L Iparex Click & Lock Saddlebags, Fits Rocket III

like you I have those bags click on or off in half a second sturdy and solid had them doing 200kph without a sliding or slipping best system for me ...amen

I might have been tempted with the hard street bags with brackets, however the postage to the good ole US of A is probably more than they cost these days. If I had been living up the road in my hometown I may have dropped in and checked them out. I did come to the conclusion that ghost brackets on a standard bag may be the way to go.

Any comments regarding Corbin Rumble seats? More importantly any comments from your passengers?

Those long ride bags used to be marketed as KDrive. I have a set on my bike and they are great. But KDrive used to make 2 different sizes for the Rocket A 49 and 52ltr. Doesn't sound much different but I found the 49s too small for me but perfect the wife's TBird when she had it.

Ohh and welcome aboard mate :)

Those long ride bags used to be marketed as KDrive. I have a set on my bike and they are great. But KKdive used to make 2 different sizes for the Rocket A 49 and 52ltr. Doesn't sound much different but I found the 49s too small for me but perfect the the wife's TBird when she had it.

Ohh and welcome aboard mate :)

Ha ha ha "the wife's TBird" .... there will be 100's of accounts and lawyers in Perth dying of embarrassment if they read that :roll::roll::roll:

If I was bagger inclined, it would be the K-Drives that I would choose as the best all-around value and design.

Here She Is!

Picked her up yesterday. Here are some picks. The gearbox and engine are so much smoother than my Beemer. I was sorry to let the R1200C go, but this is a smashing piece of engineering. Can't wait to get back on her.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 91
Back