Soon To Be Rocket III Owner!

Another Aussie welcome Mate.

Hey Ponters------ When are you gunna do something about the QR sissy bar you've been working on?????

Sláinte

Cheers to those non scots out there! There's a lot of us about.... And it sounds like we are riding Rockets to boot!
To get the proverbial approval for a new bike in the stable i gave assurance that a backrest would be an easy option. However I really don't care for them, hence why I was looking for a removable one that I could throw on when we were out on the bike and remove when I was solo. I'm sure the dealer said it would work on the Roadster nowadays. It it sounds like the whole rear side rail has to get swapped out for a chrome one.
Panniers are purely a practical item. Again having a quick removable pair would be great. I noticed that Ghost brackets ( now Edge) were a good idea, and I could use any rigid bags that I came across.

PS my team used to be Rangers and not Celtic. But I won't admit to that in public any more.
PPS way to go Andy Murray!

PPS way to go Andy Murray![/QUOTE]

Its worth noting that Andy is now referred to as a Brit - I'm guessing 'cos he won this year! Last year he was a Scot......

Here are the bags I've purchased for my 2014 Roadster

Leatherworks | Leather Saddlebags | Motorcycle Saddlebags -

The ones I am getting are the 112 + 2 along with the ez brackets

They are being installed on the bike this week so I don't have pictures yet.

As far as the quick release sissy bar,

This is what my dealer ordered for me, he insists that he checked with Triumph and that it will work

Part # A9750516 quick release sissy bar T - Bird.
To be paired with
Part # A9708177 classic back rest kit and
Part # A9708164 Dual seat Long haul touring kit

I'll know in a couple days if it all fits :rolleyes:

Congrats on your new purchase!

Be interesting to see if that T'Bird sissy bar fits, Jim.

So, we have another fnscot on here. That's OK, we can handle it. (Pleeease be a Celtic supporter. Could be fun.........:p)
Welcome from Dowunder.

I noticed after mounting my HB Strayker bags onto the Edge brackets that a passenger could never fit with the bags on. I hadn't thought about it because I've got a solo seat and the passenger pegs removed, but maybe something to keep in mind if mounting your own luggage.

I'm very happy with the bags and the mounts... especially how subtle the bike-bound portion of the brackets is. The C-bow is (I believe) a more stable system, and I'd want it if I was using larger (30+ liter) bags or planned to load them up with heavy gear, but it's more visible too.

Congrats on the bike! Prepare to fall in love.

Yeah, let me know how that T'bird backrest idea works out. (photo's too please).
Being a Scot I was trying to save a buck or two, the dealer will give me a 10% break (not much I know but covers the tax) if I get the accessories at the weekend when I pick up the bike, so was trying to decide what way to go.

I used to be indecisive.... but I'm not sure anymore. :rolleyes:

Back