Prospective Rocket Owner!

I’m 6’6 and 300 lb. The floorboards or forward controls of the earlier models make the bike feel more open. I’ve had a problem with the windshield, the tall on just made my head bounce everywhere. And the few times my wife’s gotten on with me I had no issues.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Welcome aboard....Personally i would go newer just because alot of issues have been sorted in the later models...You should feel at home on the bike but it does come down to seating...position of the bars...the earlier models footpegs are further forward than the later models so that will affect your posture too. I have a 2016 and find the pegs under me work really well...no lower back problems now. I'm 6ft 1in and 235lb and the bike feels like its made for me. I have added Rivco risers, teebars, different seat etc so you can make them fit you.
Then theres eveything else you could do to enhance the power...but thats another story....:rolleyes:
Good luck with your choice....
Yeah, thanks for your info. I've had to do all of that ie bar risers, custom made seat, taller screen etc on my current bike to get it anywhere near comfortable for me. Cheers

I am 5' 9". Can't quite flat foot it, but I still love it. I just had to replace the awful riders backrest (came with it) that was modified for what I assume was a tall dude, to an OEM one.
I did the Rivco Riser thing to pull the handle bars back a bit as many others have. So what ever you get, you're gonna love it. As Tal showed, you can make it your own!!

BTW I have a Touring but still would like a classic to give it company. :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

The back rest is no good? I don't have one but did consider it.

Welcome from Maine, Big Davy:) I'm 6-3 225lbs, and have a 2016 Roadster. I fit better with longer shocks and raising the seat height up an inch. This gets my leg posture at the 90 degree angle. I added a back rest to take some of tension off of my arms too. Put extended pegs further out so I can relax a bit too. You may want to upgrade the suspension too, depends on your riding style.

Hoopla

Going to be test riding a Rocket next week.
Need something this size as I'm a big lad! 6'7" @ 20st!. Also my other half is 5'11" & let's just say not a stick insect haha!.
Any hints/tips on what to look out for when buying one of these beasts?
Cheers in advance.
Hi from Lincolnshire, at 6'3'' and 20 stone its fits me perfect.Changing the rear shocks makes all the difference as mentioned

Whichever model you get, just make sure the suspension is set uo for your load requirements. I ride two-up too and needed heavy duty shocks to keep from bottoming out. As long as suspension is set up right the rest of the bike will get you there with a smile on your face.

Welcome to the family! Be sure to give us a ride report... :)
-MIG

I am 6'4" and 200lb and only bike I have ever really "fit" properly. Found stock "ranch slider" windscreen terrible but got a cleaview and this sorted it (fits stock screen frames). Added better quality 1" longer rear shocks (your wife will thank you) and raised seat height a bit too. If your tall you may prefer the earlier rails and peg positions, but this is personal preference.

As @Bedifferent said dont be put off by the "fault issues" have a freind with a stock 2004 used as a daily and done around 160,000 miles with virtually no issues. I however mess around with mine and am fully responsible for the problems I have created.

Think I will always have an R3 in the garage and have even joked about converting it to a trike when I get too old and it gets too heavy to manage.

Back