Soon To Be Rocket III Owner!

fnscotsman

.020 Over
Ride
RIII Roadster 2014
Hi folks, just thought I'd say hi. I dropped by the local dealer the other day and would you believe it they had new R3R sitting there begging for a test ride....
Consequently I'll be picking up my new R3R (2014 model year) at the weekend!!! I can't wait, been eyeballing the Rocket's for years and finally took the plunge. The dealer is giving me a decent trade in on my BMW R1200C so I couldn't say no.

Anyway I'll be shopping around for bits'n'pieces for it soon and would like recommendations from the R3 Owners out there.

Since this is technically a 2014 model year I have to assume that 2013 Roadster parts will be interchangeable with 2014. Can anyone confirm my assumption?

Firstly I'll need a sissy bar to keep the little lady happy. I believe the Triumph OEM's are quick release which would be great as I can pull it off when I am riding solo. Has anyone out there got it on a R3R and are they worth the price or is there a good aftermarket alternative?

Secondly I'll need some bags for the bike. I really don't like the Triumph OEM bags (too Harleyesque for my liking). Again, any recommendations for a simple design pannier/luggage would be most welcome. I saw the Viking bags and they seem like a good price. I don't mind hard bags or leather. Again with quick release that doesn't have an ugly frame would be a bonus. Hepco Becker has a good system with their C-Bow mounting bracket and I wondered if anyone had tried that system on their Rocket. Any other recommendations would be great.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. You gonna like it.

Can't help with bags or sissy bar, as we have neither. Others will be along with information presently.

We trudge on.

G'day and Welcome from one of the Aussies ;) never seen a quick release sissy bar for the Rocket. Only half a dozen bolts though. A search ^ will show you all the saddlebags that Owners have fitted. Let us know when you get the Rocket and you'll have the 'smile' explained in depth.

There are no quick release ***** bars for the Roadster. :(

Congrats on the new bike! Don't forget to post pictures. :D

Welcome.

I have the Hepco Becker bags (not sure if they are the same ones you are looking at) but they have done me well for the last 100,000 miles.

welcome to the site and Rockets.
you'll love it.
sorry, can't help with the quick release part.
But a warm welcome from Oklahoma is better than nothin'.
Glad to have ya with us.

Welcome from Northern Michigan. I have a 2013 R3T, love it!!!

Check out the thread for RRA Colorado next year. Also we have RRA Texas coming up in October:)

No doubt you are going to enjoy the beast.

Lots of knowledgeable guys on this forum. Lets see some pics...

Welcome! R1200 is a sweet bike to have to give up but I reckon you won't be disappointed - about twice the power and 3x the torque!

As for he sissy bar - I'm **** sure my dealer told me when I bought my bioke there would be a quick release for the new rocket but there isn't one available that I can find (only for the T'bird)

Back