Someone has to know how to get a blank spare key!

We're fortunate here (locally) there's a locksmith F.J.Price & SON who are very capable.
I took my ignition switch assembly into him and he simply cut me another key, about NZ$10.00 I think.

There's your answer. Send your ignition to Paul in NZ and he'll get it done for you. :cool:

That sounds so odd that you can't get a key. If you have the key code the dealer can order a replacement key. If not, they should be able to order a blank. I've ordered keys through both Harley and Suzuki dealerships with no problem.

As Paul Bryant said here in New Zealand we must be very lucky.

I miss placed one set of keys so went to the local dealer he said just pop down to the lock Smith around the corner and they'll cut you a new one. Also managed to get the leather like pannier key cut too.

$18.00. I have an 06 too.

I went to a local locksmith and he used a blank for a Volvo 2 keys cost me around $6.00.

We outsourced all our locksmiths to China, Philippines, India and. Bratislava!! Like all our other jobs!
But at least my stocks went up in value!?

Yea, it's weird no one has a blank. But will swing by the locksmiths tonight and ask them about the X270 or a Volvo key replacement. I'm sure one will work!

So I went around to 3 different locksmiths today looking to get a copy of my '06 Classic key and no one could help me, we got close looking through a book at the last locksmith but it wasn't close enough :banghead:. I've emailed Triumph headquarters, the Triumph dealer that's closest to me, and a powersports place. Ugh, seems like no one can get this done.
So I'm wondering what my next step could be, any suggestions?

I got two blanks for my '06 Classic on eBay just a few days ago, 9 bucks each and local locksmith cut them for 4 bucks each.

I got two blanks for my '06 Classic on eBay just a few days ago, 9 bucks each and local locksmith cut them for 4 bucks each.
Were they the X270 Keys? Had my g/f go back to the locksmith for me, armed with the knowledge of the X270 & Volvo keys but they didn't have those either. So I was going to order blanks online.

Back