SOME OTHER TRIUMPHS and a CHOPPER

Didn't pick up on the chopper's master cylinder Dave, very trick. I was able to zoom in on the heads and see clearly the two piece rocker boxes. On my Evo they were three piece and prone to leaks. I'd heard that I could convert to a double but sold it before I did so. These area the ones I had and took three seals.

SMOOTH PROFILE CHROME ROCKER COVER KIT FOR EVOLUTION HARLEY BIG TWIN 1984-1999 | eBay

The front end on the 62 gives me an idea for my flat tracker. And the painted double leading shoe really sets it off. I put one on my '67 because the single leading shoe is so dangerous.

And Roger that on the static test ride Cliff. I got my 67 out of a crate in Guantanamo Bay Cuba and rebuilt the engine on my back porch. I'd been riding right left hand shift bikes for the previous 6-8 years and even in spite of my telling myself to be mindful of the right hand shift, headed down a fairly steep hill.

You are correct that the three piece ones were prone to leaks. I also own an FXLR, this is my second one. Its just stock but if you hop em up a taste the rocker box gaskets seem to leak fairly regularly. Nice thing about the Triumph Rocket 3 is that it seems to never leak anywhere.
94 FXLR.JPG

I've went round and round with one of my Sportsters. Too much crankcase pressure at higher rev's. Blowin out filler cap, oil in air cleaner, tried several different "solutions", but wound up back to the stock setup, minus the rubber flat valves under the rocker cover, and oil dripping from the air cleaner. Some people don't realize there's almost as much pressure (well not quite) on the bottom of the pistons, as there is on the tops.

My favourite model Trident. I wanted to buy one new but ended up with a Honda 750 as it was a bit cheaper. I wish I spent the extra. I would still have it now.

Nice colour and nice bike. I seem to remember a green and cream and a red and cream too. They were nice bikes.

Back