SOME OTHER TRIUMPHS and a CHOPPER

LAS VEGAS DAVE

Turbocharged
Ride
V8 CHOPPER, BOSS HOSS, 2015 ROCKET 3 TOURING
1962 TRIUMPH TR6 copy.jpg
70 TRIUMPH RT SIDE.JPG
RIDID NEW STYLE.JPG
AS YOU KNOW I HAVE A ROCKET 3 TOURING. THESE ARE 2MORE OF OUR TRIUMPHS, A 62 AND A 70 BOTH TR6 MODELS. THIS WAS THE LAST CHOPPER I BUILT 20 YEARS AGO, RODE IT TODAY.

Last edited:
All beautifully done Dave. I'm trying to figure out the engine on the chopper. It looks like a flat side shovel lower end, with a magneto and Evo jugs and three piece rocker boxes. It's difficult to make out the upper end though. Really nice.

And also the Triumphs. I started to ask what kind of front end you had on the 62 but upon closer look, see that it's probably stock but without the elephant ears and an aftermarket chrome light mounts. Both are sweet and single carb TR6s. I know Bonnies are the rage but I always seemed to have a difficult time keeping those old Amals in synch. It looks like you have Concentrics on both. It also looks like you have Akront alloy rims on the 62. I used to have a set and would like to get another for the 57 650 flat tracker I have in my shop but they are scarce as hens teeth these days.

And that's a nice old '78 Paul and with the very rare electric start.

The forks on the 62 are actually later forks with the TLS front brake. I also like the TR6 models because they are easy to tune with the single carb. The Chopper motor is based on a set of DELKRON flat side shovelhead cases with AXTEL big bore cast iron cylinders and STD heads with S&S TWO piece EVO rocker boxes. Its a 98 cu inch kick start, no battery, magneto ignition, two brush generator lighting system. Still has the suicide clutch and ratchet JOCKEY shift. Notice the front brake master cylinder is hidden in the lower triple stand.
All beautifully done Dave. I'm trying to figure out the engine on the chopper. It looks like a flat side shovel lower end, with a magneto and Evo jugs and three piece rocker boxes. It's difficult to make out the upper end though. Really nice.

And also the Triumphs. I started to ask what kind of front end you had on the 62 but upon closer look, see that it's probably stock but without the elephant ears and an aftermarket chrome light mounts. Both are sweet and single carb TR6s. I know Bonnies are the rage but I always seemed to have a difficult time keeping those old Amals in synch. It looks like you have Concentrics on both. It also looks like you have Akront alloy rims on the 62. I used to have a set and would like to get another for the 57 650 flat tracker I have in my shop but they are scarce as hens teeth these days.

And that's a nice old '78 Paul and with the very rare electric start.

Very nice :)
20 years ago sounds like a long time, but that was only 1998 :eek:
I bought this in 1978, that was a long time ago :(

T160 Trident.jpg
It was very important for me to take 5-10 min. sitting on the British bikes and go through different scenarios and trying to get some muscle memory for emergency stops. Also had to quit trying to shift with the foot break. The rewards were great, those triples had alot more get up and go than the twins. Also the sound , awwww the sound.

Notice the front brake master cylinder is hidden in the lower triple stand.
Very clever Dave, I didn't notice that, very subtle. I like things like that :D

Also, some thing that is interesting, when you compare the specs between the Bonnie and the TR6, the only difference is the TR6 is 1lb lighter, the weight of a carb ! :)

Back