Solo rider's rear rack for 1olbull

Just now reading the post, M8.
First, I thank you for thinking of me! :thumbsup: :inlove
Very interesting design, indeed. I'm wondering about the angle of that fixed square hole and having no adjustment to bring the plate down closer to the fender.
Coincidentally, I have been seriously pondering purchase of a Corbin solo w/back rest. :D
If I pull the trigger on a Corbin, I'll have to try and design/fabricate something similar.

There appears to be a black worm screw rack angle adjuster at the end opposite the square hole that engages a ramp/rib fillet underneath the rack. Pretty sure the R3 with one fitted below is using the short bracket version.

EDIT: LOL just scrolled down the eBay listing to find:
This is a Luggage Rack that quickly and easily mounts to Corbin, Mustang and other brand passenger back rests that uses a 5/8" square post OR 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" wide flat post.

There are no brackets to attach to the fender that would clutter up the clean look of your bike!

This Luggage Rack is made of 3/16” thick steel so it's very strong!

Shield measures approx. 9.5" W x 11.5" L

Available in Chrome, Powder Coat or RAW (unfinished) so you can paint it to match your bike.

Installation is so quick and so easy we have a patent pending on the design! Just pull the passenger backrest out of your seat and insert the post into the luggage rack mounting stem, then back into the seat. Tighten a couple set screws and adjust the level! It literally takes less than 1 minute to put this on and take it off.

512-level-close.jpg

The screw at the bottom allows you to adjust the angle of the luggage rack to level it for different seat post angles.

Optional Stems:

• LRS3 - Wide Luggage Rack Stem for 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" wide backrests such as on Mustang and some Harley Davidson or Victory seats.
  • LRS4 - Short Luggage Rack Stem for applications where the fender is too close for the LRS1 Standard Stem or you just want the rack closer to the seat, as in the picture above, on the blue M109R.

Notes:

• Recommended load capacity is 20 lbs. however many customers have reported carrying MUCH more with no problem.
  • Make sure your back rest post is secured in the seat.
  • As always we recommend the use of a thread lock compound such as Loctite on all threads to keep them from vibrating loose.

Last edited:
That screw only levels the plate.
The square hole sets the height.
I want mine just above the highest top of the fender.
Tis a great idea and I reckon it would not be too difficult to create.

@Ishrub
So the one you have pictured will fit a Corbin solo?
Darn! At $50.00, that's a heck of a better deal!
Not as fancy looking, but at least as good as the Utopia.
Now I reckon I have no more excuses and will be ordering that Corbin solo.
GRATITUDE, M8!

Edit:
Both now on order . . . :D :thumbsup: :inlove

Last edited:
@1olbull So which one did you go for? Please share a link.

My Corbin Solo is here:
For Sale - SOLD ....Corbin Classic Solo seat - fits Classic and Roadster '04-'17

I have a really old Corbin on my 1978 BMW R100RS outfit and bought a cheap passenger aftermarket adjustable backrest for it with the small square tube. They come with a range of options in size, shape, studs and back plate design. Like this:
US$50 free post.
"NEW" Adjustable / Removable Driver / Passenger Backrest for Corbin Seats | eBay

Just checked and it fits my R3 Corbin Solo too. ;):D:cool:
I'll have to unzip and remove cover to add studs now to match the Corbin Solo. :cool:

Last edited:
Very kewl!
I did not see anything like that on their web site.
I really like your padding pattern!

Corbin-Seat.jpg $473.00 US with shipping

Yeah, I noticed that too, no longer offered as the standard R3 Solo pattern but I suppose you could send them the photos and request same as they should still have the templates to cut out as before.
I like the yellow beading for your stripe set up but not into the yellow or colored stitching personally.
I think mine is from the earliest days of the Rocket when Corbin must have just started doing them.

But I was wondering which backrest version you got?

Yeah, I noticed that too, no longer offered as the standard R3 Solo pattern but I suppose you could send them the photos and request same as they should still have the templates to cut out as before.
I like the yellow beading for your stripe set up but not into the yellow or colored stitching personally.
I think mine is from the earliest days of the Rocket when Corbin must have just started doing them.
But I was wondering which backrest version you got?

The same one that you posted . . .
"NEW" Adjustable / Removable Driver / Passenger Backrest for Corbin Seats | eBay

I sure hope this is indeed the one that fits the Corbin seat???

Yeah, but as I said they had a number of different backplate styles, cushion pad sizes, stud options etc.

My bad, Suncity list only one style currently but they replied to me that the studded version will be listed next week. A number of different eBay suppliers have the other versions, including usa-bikercomm from whom I have bought crash bars before, had some of the other options.

usa-bikercomm | eBay

and kerrymark has 7 versions listed too

kerrymark | eBay

Note: sometimes the eBay 'buy it now' price is cheaper but once postage is included I think you got the best price anyway.

Last edited:
Well , Ish @Ishrub
That first one that I ordered is bodgy compared to the kerrymark | eBay with chrome stems and just a tad more moola. :confused:
Anyway the stems look to be the same 5/8" square stock. :)

Your US$80 listing's 'tad more' is +US$30 (60% more) and unlike you lucky bastards who get free shipping stateside my cost to Oz is another US$62 total US$142
vs
US$50 + US$35 total US$85
for the one you got "NEW" Adjustable / Removable Driver / Passenger Backrest for Corbin Seats | eBay

Big difference for me!

Anyway you will want to recover to match your new Corbin Solo.:p;)

Back