Solo rider's rear rack for 1olbull

I ordered the wrong one!
Wanted the 7 x 7 with the chrome shaft.
Oh well . . .

I ordered the wrong one!
Wanted the 7 x 7 with the chrome shaft.
Oh well . . .
You could always ride side saddle you old girl, you!
At least you could dress up and protect your last vestige of virginity just like those modest English ladies, OR ELSE like the cartoon below you may 'Stretchit' ;):p:D

Sidesaddle - Wikipedia
f1cc700f68673b382741822ebcf8106c.jpg

An early 19th-century English caricature, mocking women who rode astride. The joke is a play on the premise that the lady is looking for the way to "Stretchit".
1024px-Strechit_ca1800-1810_non-sidesaddle_sailor_caricature.jpg

Was just notified from Corbin that it will be 5 to 6 weeks!!! :thumbsdown: :mad: :(
Thinking about canceling the order . . .
That back rest has already shipped. :thumbsup: :D
It is black vinyl I assume and should be OK with me.

They told me the same last year when I bought my dual tour. Got it in about 3 weeks.

Daytona bike week is coming up in a couple weeks, I bet they have more help on hand so they have stock to sell.

Just as well you only got the 8"x10" pad version then. The one I bought first and have on now is 10"x12" and even though they pivot forward a little for pillion access they do not fold down far.

The one Anthomy got has the 10"x12" pad as well.
Motorcycle Backrest - RED TRIM - for Corbin Seat Harley Honda Driver Passenger | eBay.

They do a 7" x &" version as well and the cheapest of all theirs SHIPPED TO OZ is the carbon fiber 7x7 as for some reason the postage is 'only' :rolleyes: US $40.50 rather than US$62 for the rest including the other 7x7s.

This pattern may also more closely match the later Roadster upholstery.:thumbsup:

CARBON FIBER motorcycle backrest for Corbin seat Harley Honda Drivers 7 x 7 | eBay

I haven't ordered just yet, fork springs and shocks are next. Just need to find a mechanic to do the forks.

Well rather than put studs laboriously on the aftermarket Kerrymark Corbin vinyl backrest to match my Corbin Solo seat I decided to remove the bracket, re-drill mounting holes to match my home made backrest's pad and its quality is heaps better.

I then cut some leather and covered the plate and shaft with the adjusting worm screw sticking through. photos are crap I should have focused my camera better but you get the idea.

The Triumph rubber pad I stuck on the front with tape is from a Triumph Trophy topbox I found out recently. its been on there for 5000Km+ but can easily be pulled off and reapplied.

The backrest pad I used is a factory item from 'who knows where', cost Au$50 from the local dealer/wrecker a couple of years ago.

And yes I do have big gaps between my big toe and the next;):D

upload_2018-2-15_2-27-22.png
upload_2018-2-15_2-27-55.png

upload_2018-2-15_2-28-21.png
upload_2018-2-15_2-28-51.png

upload_2018-2-15_2-29-31.png

Just picked up this one for US$85.
Maybe intended as a passenger one but I'll see how it goes Solo with my new Red stripe tins and move on if I do not like it. If it is Orange rather than Red piping it may go with the Orange Tribal tins I'm accumulating.

Intl postage is a deal killer to Oz. I couldn't resist and made an offer of US$75.
Price: US $115.30
US $22.84 United States Express Postage (USPS Priority Mail®)

corbin backrest harley honda kawasaki yamaha triumph bmw suzuki vintage ? GC | eBay

Well , Ish @Ishrub
That first one that I ordered is bodgy compared to the kerrymark | eBay with chrome stems and just a tad more moola. :confused:
Anyway the stems look to be the same 5/8" square stock. :)

Your US$80 listing's 'tad more' is +US$30 (60% more) and unlike you lucky bastards who get free shipping stateside my cost to Oz is another US$62 total US$142
vs
US$50 + US$35 total US$85
for the one you got "NEW" Adjustable / Removable Driver / Passenger Backrest for Corbin Seats | eBay

Big difference for me!

Anyway you will want to recover to match your new Corbin Solo.:p;)

This hawakicycles one I recommended for Aussies in post #22 (as combined Intl price + post was cheaper), is identical to the type you bought and when it arrived yesterday I was surprised to see it is actually a better made item than the Kerrymark version you think looked better. The pad inner foam on this is nicely formed, moulded over the support structure and well shaped. The cover is very tight and clean. The Kerrymark one actually looks 'bodgy' next to it, cheap vinyl and has a bare rectangle plank of ply inside and a roughly cut chunk of mid-density foam shoved in loosely. Lucky I am only using the mount with my old studded pad. (See post #37)

"NEW" Adjustable / Removable Driver / Passenger Backrest - Medium Leather Pad | eBay

Back