Smaller radiator

While I do appreciate getting the ends tucked in behind the forks so it is more sleek, I fall in the "A rocket is big, it has presence, it should evoke a reaction of OMFG that bike is huge", as such I think the stock radiator looks quite good on it :p

Anything but a fly screen looks terrible imho.

I'm old enough to think any radiator looks out of place on a motorcycle. So, the smaller the better. Preferably black against a black motor.

But Harry you're old enough to remember when vehicles were steam powered .. just saying :x3:

The stock radiator is clearly made to vent air to the left and right of the engine, and that's probably the reason it is that wide - to improve airflow and cooling, and on hot days there is a strong and clear flow of hot air along the engine and onto the legs.

The Triumph Commander has a nice elongated radiator tucked between the twin exhausts so it's not like Triumph doesn't know how to make them, but behind it on the Commander there's tons of air between it and the cylinders so that's different. I have my doubts about how something like this would perform on an R3.

looks unfinished, I prefer the matte black on the new model r3r and painted mine.
IMG_20140716_172756649.jpg

Found this on Facebook international Rocket 111 Owners. Didn't say much about it, a bit longer and 53ml thick, apparently the same cooling capacity as original. Original fan and cowl fits. But that was all I could find. I don't know when this was Looks like a 2013 Roadster.
image.jpg
image.jpg
OK its smaller but it looks home made and is not a good looking unit it needs a restyle

Back