Slow but painful dismount....

Hope you mend fast and hope the jeep driver will pay for the damages!
no...she was intending to turn right but we didnt see her turn signal for the bright sunshine...we supposed anyway...i certainly never saw anything....everyone stopped in a big hurry in front of me and b4 i knew it i was on her bumper...

I had a similar indecent, a orient person decided to prop on a 80K straight road to turn right, had every thing locked up (no ABS) and hit rear bumper dead straight at about 10Km's ... dam lucky as no damage to bike but rear bumper needed replacing and my jocks !!!

@Tal heal quick ol mate, Im sure some of your home brew will help take the edge off the pain :) ......and hopefully they wont take to long to repair your pride and joy :thumbsup:

Geez Tal, ......even if those blue ribs of yours have got a bit saggy over the years, you still want to keep a full set of 'em....... just like your teeth! ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:

41598_2020_67664_Fig2_HTML.png

My son-in-law has a word for drivers that display a keen lack of awareness for 'rules of the road'. He calls them "Gibroanese," the plural of Gibroany. Here in Texas you can spot a Gibroany easily by observing the sudden dart movement of their vehicle in the path of smoothly flowing traffic, totally disrupting the traffic flow with resultant multiple horns blowing and tires screeching. A stationary Gibroany is anyone turning into traffic and then blocks traffic (usually) in both directions as they wait for a light to change further down the road so the queue can open to let them squeeze in. Another quality Gibroany move is sitting in the left turn lane while a green arrow is lit and they are far too busy texting (doing homework, reading the paper, eating breakfast, etc) to actually drive, that is until the queue behind them starts blowing horns and that's when they drop what they are doing into the passenger seat and dash out into now oncoming traffic because they missed the arrow causing oncoming traffic to slam on brakes.

Now that I have a GoPro I should be able to video Gibroanese in their natural habitat and will post up if I get some footage. Shouldn't take more than a week.

Heal up quick and stay vigilant, Gibroanese are everywhere.....

Back