YurMama is Dirty, but Finally Home!

Aggressiveness of cams?
Pistons? If yes, comp ratio?
Head work? Bigger valves? Better fuel pump? What intake? Which exhaust? All ECU, or PCV also? What RPM limit?

Not going full tilt like you & Rob.
I have to consider what I will actually be able to use. I enjoy wicking the twisties the most, but as my skills diminish with age, the ability to grease on the straights as well beckons to me.
I reckon the old addage, "Straight roads are for fast bikes - Twisty roads are for fast riders" is comming into play with me.
I'll likely go with what Neville recommends to get me over the 200 RWHP hump. Once we get started, I will post details as we go.

Why oh why does that bike look sooo familiar????

Some may disagree with me, but my take on the plus 200hp bikes is they are really hard to really spank it . You will be hanging on for dear life, trying to figure out how to operate the clutch and not get flung off the bike, all while your shifting foot is attempting to overcome the g forces. Don’t get me wrong, I freaking love it, but without a quickshifter best I can manage so far is like 75 to 80% power.

Some may disagree with me, but my take on the plus 200hp bikes is they are really hard to really spank it . You will be hanging on for dear life, trying to figure out how to operate the clutch and not get flung off the bike, all while your shifting foot is attempting to overcome the g forces. Don’t get me wrong, I freaking love it, but without a quickshifter best I can manage so far is like 75 to 80% power.

I find this very true. In our area there is is no way to use all the 203hp that Nev gave me. I do love it and would not give it back but you can not "really spank" this bike and come back home, except in a box.o_O The police have a bit to say also.:mad::mad::mad:

Not going full tilt like you & Rob.
I have to consider what I will actually be able to use. I enjoy wicking the twisties the most, but as my skills diminish with age, the ability to grease on the straights as well beckons to me.
I reckon the old addage, "Straight roads are for fast bikes - Twisty roads are for fast riders" is comming into play with me.
I'll likely go with what Neville recommends to get me over the 200 RWHP hump. Once we get started, I will post details as we go.
Nevilles stuff will get you that easily and your not even maxed out with what he can do. Get a road build and not a drag build. I don't have to tell you this, you are worlds ahead of me inexperience.

Jeff,
You have hit upon some of the reasons I'm not after the 240 Carp kit. 200+ hopefully will be good and useable for me. If not, well, there are always more possibilities out there . . .

Nevilles stuff will get you that easily and your not even maxed out with what he can do. Get a road build and not a drag build. I don't have to tell you this, you are worlds ahead of me inexperience.

I agree with you and like the "drag build" versus "road build" metaphor. There is always Nitrous Oxide, eh painless?

Back