Slimmed down R3

Jack

.020 Over
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
I bought this bike as a wreck and decided to slim it down not really knowing how it would end up. First to go was the radiator. Replaced with a custom dual core. Always disliked the twin headlights so sourced a single headlight and shoe-horned it into the cowling along with the speedo and tach. The ignition had to be moved so found a spot just behind the oil container. I chose the seat from a 2019 HD Livewire and fabricated the framework to support it. That meant I needed different shaped sidecovers which I fabricated with an angular theme to match the custom front guard. Original headers had to go. Built these 1' 3/4 diameter beauties. I had to move the rear brake reservoir away from the heat zone. New rear shocks and a custom tail tidy. Motogadget front indicators fitted to handlebar ends.

I'm looking for a second hand Ozclaw to cover the expansion bottle and air filter.

IMG_1518[1].JPG
IMG_1514[2].JPG
IMG_1513[1].JPG

IMG_1519[1].JPG

Well that ain't bad at all. I've seen all kinds of chopped up bikes and most guys are awful proud of them. I look at them and think it's chit but being polite I say nothing. So when i say that ain't bad I mean I like it. That is what I call a trim fat girl.:sneaky:😂 She's still a little thick but sexy as heck.

Now that is one beautifully done bike - simply gorgeous :cool::cool::cool:
Thanks Razman.
I knew that I wanted to remove some bulk but I didn't know exactly where I was heading.
I'm very happy with the end result, especially finding a seat that would marry up to the tank.
I originally ordered a set of headers from Paul Bryant but he let me down so I ended up making my own.

Back