Silly question time...

In Short Yes.
the best way you could tell and gauge the difference would be to use a good GPS unit and measure your actual speed per rpm before and then again after for an example the Std Rocket comes out with a odometer that reads true but the speedo reads 7% higher so if you put a higher profile the such as a 240/55/16 (std fitment 240/50/16) it brings the variance back to only 2% higher but also means the odometer will read 5% lower so when working out fuel economy you need to multiply the odometer reading by 0.05 to get the correct distance covered, not hard once you get used to it
just thought I would edit and repost it and make it in bold so you can get your head around it, you will actually find that a lot of vehicles (cars and bikes) have an higher than actual speed reading whilst having an accurate odometer

Sorry but ..:(.... well you know.....o_O.. I just had to tell you incase you came back and said your fuel economy had gone south ..:eek: .. but with that info you will be able to work it it out right :thumbsup:
Hahaha cheers, now can you explain it to me with a black board and chalk pls m8 ?

No if you adjust -7 in TuneECU the speedo will read true but the Odometer will be down 7% so you would multiply by 0.07 to get correct odometer reading

Mate,
Using your example above - if the odo is down 7% would not one multiply by 1.07% to obtain the correct mileage???

You beat me to it.

Hey you riding out to the Northwest again anytime soon?
I was wanting to visit The Wall in DC for years and your cross country trip was an inspiration to me for making my 11,500 mile criss-cross ride last summer.

Mate,
Using your example above - if the odo is down 7% would not one multiply by 1.07% to obtain the correct mileage???
:(sorry guys I should have said then add answer to the odometer reading to get total, :whitstling: I was trying to keep it simple

Back