Silly question time...

You blokes are thinking about it to much. Just ride it. With my eyesight I can't read the speedo anyway especially at night with the red backlighting.
that comes tomorrow morning my usual fortnightly Saturday morning ride to Bodalla for coffee with my Ulysses Mates

Hey you riding out to the Northwest again anytime soon?
I was wanting to visit The Wall in DC for years and your cross country trip was an inspiration to me for making my 11,500 mile criss-cross ride last summer.
I'm not planning to at this stage, although I am riding up to Canada next week, and, hopefully, down south in a month or so.

You can compare any size tyre you like on pretty much any of them - I found several and just copied the first one in the list of many, which by the way allows you to enter in bike tyre sizes and compare it with other bike tyre sizes or even car tyre sizes. Not sure what your point is actually. :confused:

You can compare any size tyre you like on pretty much any of them - I found several and just copied the first one in the list of many, which by the way allows you to enter in bike tyre sizes and compare it with other bike tyre sizes or even car tyre sizes. Not sure what your point is actually. :confused:
not having a go at you just it only compares to car tyres sizes eg 245 but not 240

I
In Short Yes.
the best way you could tell and gauge the difference would be to use a good GPS unit and measure your actual speed per rpm before and then again after for an example the Std Rocket comes out with a odometer that reads true but the speedo reads 7% higher so if you put a higher profile the such as a 240/55/16 (std fitment 240/50/16) it brings the variance back to only 2% higher but also means the odometer will read 5% lower so when working out fuel economy you need to multiply the odometer reading by 0.05 to get the correct distance covered, not hard once you get used to it
I have always wondered why it is said that the odometer is accurate while the speedo is known to be 7 percent off. When I used TB to correct the speedo my fuel mileage also adjusted. Instead of low 30's I dropped to high 20's. My standard '06 has Nev's street cams, triple k&n's, Sam's preds, and the lock up clutch as well as a PC III. My fuel mileage with the corrected speedo is approx 28mpg. I believe the odometer was off the same seven percent.

not having a go at you just it only compares to car tyres sizes eg 245 but not 240

o_O You just need to scroll down and put in the size and it compares any 2 sizes you want. If you want to do a 240 you just need to type in a 0 instead of a 5 - after the 2 and the 4 that is. ;) Simple really; (almost) anyone can do it.......... :rolleyes:

And by the way, the one Steve posted is actually the one I was looking for; it's a better tool to use, if that's actually important. They all do the same thing thoiugh. Just don't understand why it was necessary to incorrectly state what the other one does. Helps no one.

Last edited:
Actually, I prefer to do the calcs longhand same as those for gearing, RPM and speed.
Keeps me in practice for when I have to explain it in court.
This one here is handy for comparing different size tires and their affects on primary, final and transmission gear ratios.

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

Back