Silly question time...

Wrecka

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
Just curious if Roadster and Touring have the same final drive gear ratio ? I have read on here about ppl changing tyre size , is this the only way to play with gearing ?

Just curious if Roadster and Touring have the same final drive gear ratio ? I have read on here about ppl changing tyre size , is this the only way to play with gearing ?
Wrecka from my stand point it is not the gearing I wanted to change just more rubber on the road and there is debate about if that happens or not. for more speed or power it will be the computer or tune you will need to adjust from my understanding.

Wrecka from my stand point it is not the gearing I wanted to change just more rubber on the road and there is debate about if that happens or not. for more speed or power it will be the computer or tune you will need to adjust from my understanding.
Im just guess but if i was to put a higher sidewalled tyre on the would my revs at cruising speed be reduced slightly ?

In Short Yes.
the best way you could tell and gauge the difference would be to use a good GPS unit and measure your actual speed per rpm before and then again after for an example the Std Rocket comes out with a odometer that reads true but the speedo reads 7% higher so if you put a higher profile the such as a 240/55/16 (std fitment 240/50/16) it brings the variance back to only 2% higher but also means the odometer will read 5% lower so when working out fuel economy you need to multiply the odometer reading by 0.05 to get the correct distance covered, not hard once you get used to it

Last edited:
In Short Yes.
the best way you could tell and gauge the difference would be to use a good GPS unit and measure your actual speed per rpm before and then again after for an example the Std Rocket comes out with a odometer that reads true but the speedo reads 7% higher so if you put a higher profile the such as a 240/55/16 (std fitment 240/50/16) it brings the variance back to only 2% higher but also means the odometer will read 5% lower so when working out fuel economy you need to multiply the odometer reading by 0.05 to get the correct distance covered, not hard once you get used to it
Thank you, my brain hurts

Thank you, my brain hurts
Sorry but ..:(.... well you know.....o_O.. I just had to tell you incase you came back and said your fuel economy had gone south ..:eek: .. but with that info you will be able to work it it out right :thumbsup:

In Short Yes.
So in tune ecu I need to adjust speed correction by -7% for a stock tire? Odometer still good then?

So in tune ecu I need to adjust speed correction by -7% for a stock tire? Odometer still good then?
No if you adjust -7 in TuneECU the speedo will read true but the Odometer will be down 7% so you would multiply by 0.07 to get correct odometer reading

Back