If we had the means to scan I would be more than happy to share but that is not possible. I see 1olbull answered a lot of questions. One point that needs to be brought up is that some web sites that offer the hard copy are scams.They offer huge discounts but the manuals are incomplete or outdated. Bike Bandit sells the current addition with the roadster included. Like we posted early VERY NICE SERVICE MANUAL. Well worth the money. I did not want to take my bike to a dealer for the 10,000 mile tune up because here in Oklahoma both dealers are kind of unreliable. I am pretty good with a wrench and with the service manual it should be fairly easy to accomplish the required service. The other plus is this forum. I know if we run across a problem we can get on here and receive the help we need to complete the job.

I bought my bike in the Dallas ft worth area and did not think about a service manual at the time. Called one of the dealers here in Oklahoma and they told me the service manual was not for sell to the general public. Kind of get the idea of what we have to deal with when it comes to dealers here in Oklahoma?

As all of us recognized, any industry that has dealers, has a challenge with meeting standards.

I'm pretty sure anyone on the site calling the dealership here, and saying, "I ride a Rocket. May I order a shop manual for it please ?"; would receive a positive response.

Ya but they do not have the Roadster stuff a scan would fix that :D

I have the manuals but I use the scan to print off the relevant pages and take them to the bike that way I can just toss them in the bin when I am done. I also can carry it on my Net book that has Tune boy for trips.

+1 to this, the pages get greased and oiled and notes scribbled on them and then photographed for the detailed records i keep, so expendable copies are the way to go.

are you anywhere near an internet cafe sonny?
you'd be doing the brotherhood a major solid :-D

Ya but they do not have the Roadster stuff a scan would fix that :D
I have the manuals but I use the scan to print off the relevant pages and take them to the bike that way I can just toss them in the bin when I am done. I also can carry it on my Net book that has Tune boy for trips.

I understand . . . I'll have to check that Roadster section and see how large it is.

edit
It is a half inch of duplex!

Last edited:
I bought my bike in the Dallas ft worth area and did not think about a service manual at the time. Called one of the dealers here in Oklahoma and they told me the service manual was not for sell to the general public. Kind of get the idea of what we have to deal with when it comes to dealers here in Oklahoma?

Rocket Scientist doesn't like this :thumbsdown:

I think they don't want you to know to much, and then question them with on how they repair you bike?
They might not even have one themselves or even know how to read?? LOL

Back