Service Manual - Standard, Classic & Touring

Thanks Marcus.

I bought the manual on CD off ebay about two months ago. First time I went to check something tonight and my CD has obviously disintegrated into thin air.

Luckily I found this post, cheers.

Great ! I have one on the original 05 factory service manuals , But Triumph does not offer update supplements to this manual so all the changes that have happened to my Rocket due to the Upgrade kit I did not have any schematics or instruction to impalement the new part numbers and wiring changes :D So my paper manual is now a conversation piece and reference tool to see how stuff was before Triumph figured out they messed up with some of the part design. :)

Bishop said:
The nice thing in this one is the wiring diagrams are colored unlike the copied version from before that was all black and white.

**** it!!The most frustrating three days I ever spent was rewiring an old MG. I'm colorblind. After I had smoked another circuit for the third time, I would grab my sister and, in total frustration, shove her head under the dashboard while screaming "What color is that wire!?!"

Years later when I bought a manual for an old Goldwing, I was totally pissed when I saw that not only would I have to fight to identify what color the wires in the loom actually were, but I had the same battles with the manual, itself - they had also colored the diagrams. I was screwed from both directions and gave up doing anything electrical on that bike.

It's nice to know I have somehow pissed off the folks who made the new R3 manual badly enough that they would want me to relive that kind of frustration.

And my sister isn't even around to help anymore.

Thanks, Marcus. I'll find a way to cope.

Back