Second Gear Slipping

OK, Ricks is the good one, I think. Too funny, I googled ricks vs electrosport, got a vstrom forum, and there;s DeCosse, LOL.

Last edited:
Heck ! Yours looks better than mine. @DEcosse said that is normal. I reused mine. Working fine.

56618_8b08fb93fc9bd3f8d5f212d662967726.jpg

Those pictures make me want to hunt up that trick regulator kit I bought a few months ago. But man I hate to get into fixing something that is working. Just a few snips and crimps I guess.

Its good that the stator showed up bad now, while everything is apart ...you will be able to put all those led lights on now...lots of power to light them up!!....i guess the bikes a keeper now for sure brutha?

@Tal I love the blue colour.

@Paul Bryant spoke to a mate who owns a motorcycle shop in town and he could get it cheaper so workshop matched that price $375.00 that's a win for me. I hope

Its good that the stator showed up bad now, while everything is apart ...you will be able to put all those led lights on now...lots of power to light them up!!....i guess the bikes a keeper now for sure brutha?

Will have to get on the Ali express web site and get them in blue and lots of them.

Sure is a keeper for sure brutha.

Just got a phone call from the shop saying that my stator
Screenshot_20180716_095600.png
is a little bit burnt.

.... Have read that if it's open replace it.

Put a new one in and it will do EXACTLY the same thing - (It is dark in those areas because it sees less oil cooling there and that is just the epoxy that is discolouring)
I doubt there is anything wrong with it - I'd like to see better picture of it, but do the following test on it:
Measure Resistance between any of the three connector terminals and the core of the stator - that should NOT be short (it should be completely open i.e. infinite resistance)
If that is indeed the case, put it back in and spend the money on a series regulator instead which will reduce the heat that is being generated in the stator

Back