Second Gear Slipping

Mine has about 4 the same mileage as yours. I have yet to have a good look at what came out of the be beast but will do on Saturday and post some pictures of the dog gear and the input and out put gear of the second gears.

Was a very expensive repair but what the heck in the 16 months I have owned the beast I have spent 10k on it
So yours is fixed ?

what parts as in part numbers were fitted ?

What did they cost ? as I will be doing the spanner work myself

Is it all fixed and working as it should ?

Yep only second the rest of the cog swapper works just fine .

Even if it is just a circlip have to remove the gears shafts from the bike ?

You have to remove the engine and split it to get to the gears.

Won't just be the Circlip. There's a complete kit to fix all the problems.

Yep only second the rest of the cog swapper works just fine .

Even if it is just a circlip have to remove the gears shafts from the bike ?

Yep...but given it's only happening in second it is most likely rounded dogs as others have already posted.

T1180064 - $128 2nd output
T1180099 - $40 2-3 dog gear
T3500202 - $5.09 Circilp (need 3)
T1180071 - $30.32 splined bushes (need 2)

That plus the bolts that are "single use" items involved in splitting the cases and you should be up ad running assuming there's no other damage. All in, about $400 in gaskets, bolts, and transmission parts.

Not that bad and not worth taking the risk putting in used parts imho, when new parts aren't all that terribly priced. The labor is the killer.
I'm guessing you have done this job already .

item 15 ( kit parts) in the diagram that I need to replace ?

upload_2018-7-26_17-38-8.png

upload_2018-7-26_17-36-30.png

Screenshot_20180727_081845.png
Screenshot_20180727_081852.png

Alot of work done but only took 32 hours labour was going to ride to work this morning but at -1c I thought better of it.

Lucky I did as some hanker had a leaking water tank that was at least 6kms trail of frozen water on the road.

well folks great news today I checked the bank account and WTF there's more money in the bank than I thought?

I wondered what my wife had sold! Had me worried for a minute.

Went in to the account and bugger me the tax man has been good to me and the wife and paid me 5k I kid you not.

Was not expecting that, some of it was from 3 years ago.

The repairs are now really cheap.

I am so happy.

So wife is now planning our Christmas holidays. Won't include me on the Rocket but. :banghead::banghead:

Back