Second Gear Slipping

Hi all

I'm having trouble with second gear 2006 model.

It's feels as if when I'm giving it a bit of throttle the gear disengages then a loud clunk and away it goes.

Been doing it for a while now but yesterday when it clunked back into place it was the loudest and I nearly filled me pants.

So the main thing I need know is do I go down the road of buying the replacement up date kit cost of the complete kit in Kiwi dollars wait for it
$2500.00.

+ a week's labour to replace the bits and bobs.

Or can I get away with just getting the gears under cut and will this work.

Have text message @sleeves and said get on the forum and get some advice from those that have already been there done that before.

Also feels as if the clutch might be slipping too.

Cheers

Chris.
Been getting the same thing mostly when its cold for about a month .

You pop it in second it goes in and starts pulling through the gear all of sudden feels the like pinion on the bevel drive is 3 or 4 teeth missing or it like you hit a pot hole and got a bit of wheel spin ..I shut the throttle think wtf and gear engages again .

Funny enough my bike is an 06 also and its only done 25.000 miles ! not best pleased about this

You pop it in second it goes in and starts pulling through the gear all of sudden feels the like pinion on the bevel drive is 3 or 4 teeth missing or it like you hit a pot hole and got a bit of wheel spin ..I shut the throttle think wtf and gear engages again .

Funny enough my bike is an 06 also and its only done 25.000 miles ! not best pleased about this

Only in second? ....'cos that there is dislodged circlip symptomatology...:eek:

Mine has about 4 the same mileage as yours. I have yet to have a good look at what came out of the be beast but will do on Saturday and post some pictures of the dog gear and the input and out put gear of the second gears.

Was a very expensive repair but what the heck in the 16 months I have owned the beast I have spent 10k on it

Back