Second Gear Slipping

Got a line on a second hand set of gears!

Question do I buy it site unseen as in the north island at ***** *****.

Or do I do a motor exchange for one that has 25000ks more than I have now.

T1180064 - $128 2nd output
T1180099 - $40 2-3 dog gear
T3500202 - $5.09 Circilp (need 3)
T1180071 - $30.32 splined bushes (need 2)

That plus the bolts that are "single use" items involved in splitting the cases and you should be up ad running assuming there's no other damage. All in, about $400 in gaskets, bolts, and transmission parts.

Not that bad and not worth taking the risk putting in used parts imho, when new parts aren't all that terribly priced. The labor is the killer.

T1180064 - $128 2nd output
T1180099 - $40 2-3 dog gear
T3500202 - $5.09 Circilp (need 3)
T1180071 - $30.32 splined bushes (need 2)

That plus the bolts that are "single use" items involved in splitting the cases and you should be up ad running assuming there's no other damage. All in, about $400 in gaskets, bolts, and transmission parts.

Not that bad and not worth taking the risk putting in used parts imho, when new parts aren't all that terribly priced. The labor is the killer.

Quite right Rob.
BUT .....
I always buy any parts that I need in from Baxter Cycle in Iowa.
Buying here is absolutely ridiculous, double or triple those prices if bought locally.
Even including the Shipping, it's cheaper to buy this way.

Thanks guys was in at the ex Triumph dealer this morning got a be lists of parts that comes in the update kit 5 pages worth.

Said I would look at maybe just getting the parts to fix the slipping.

@Claviger that's going to be the next question what part numbers would I need.

Was at another bike shop in ChCh this morning and talking to a guy who said that I should look at getting parts from another shop they might be able to get them at 40% cheaper as they do triumph race bikes at get stuff direct from the factory!

Screenshot_20180616_135925.png

Attached is the gasket list which of these do I need? All or just some.

@Claviger the part for bush shouldered splined for my 2006 it's T1180267. Thanks for their links to the parts you listed.

You’ll need three of the exhaust gasket and can leave out the cam cover gasket since you don’t need to remove it.

Thanks @Claviger had that gasket done November last year. OK now I'm thinking about up grading the clutch while the motor is open and up doing the springs too.

Thanks guys was in at the ex Triumph dealer this morning got a be lists of parts that comes in the update kit 5 pages worth.

From a @warp9.9 post in another thread.

Upgrade kit from VIN 000000 to 337294

# T1000008 for Black engines

# T1000009 for Silver engines

Well went into the ex dealer shop today for a chat to the machainc who has done a few gear box repairs using the update kit and reckons he can do the replacement of the gears and ignition wiring final drive bearing along with a heap of other stuff in about 3 days.

And seen as its winter and the workshop is quiet they said they would do a good deal on the hourly rate.

So now I'm thinking about using them to do the work.

So all up about under $5000.

Just need to get who holds the purse strings to OK the spend.

If I put down $1000 deposit to get the last kit in NZ.
Down to the shop they can do the work this month.

So as this is my forever bike I will have to talk very nice to the wife.

Wish me luck.

**** I knew that I shouldn't have brought the PS4 PRO and the 4K TV to play it on in the past couple of months.

Back