aju

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 R3T
Hey folks,

I have a 2015 R3T and struggle with my seat. I bought the bike in 2017 and shortly thereafter bought a Corbin dual tour saddle. I asked for extra height and to move the pocket back, gave my dimensions, etc. The seat is great, but my hips are still a bit below my knees and I find myself uncomfortable in a couple hours and numb or in pain after about 150 miles. I added a sheepskin and airhawk to the mix, mostly for additional height, and with the airhawk fully inflated it was noticeably improved, but still not quite what I need. I ordered a solo saddle from Corbin and asked them to add 3" to the height as well as move the pocket back. They called and confirmed the order and told me they would have to remove the backrest option. About three weeks later they called and said they couldn't do 3", and canceled the order (really bummed about this). So now I am back to searching for solutions. Anyone have ideas? I like the idea of a solo seat. Something like the cop seat on a road king would be ideal - anyone manage to fit one?

Your height and weight stats might be helpful to the seat aficionados around here.

Yeah, that would help: 6'6" and 245
Looks like we are about the same, I took the factory seat to an upholstery shop that does boats and cars. Had them build up the seat, testing it before it was finally covered. That helped, but still use an Alaska Buttpad and the AirHawk on top of it.

Having highway pegs helps with stretching the legs while riding.

There were photos posted of a Harley police seat on a R3, will look for it.

Please post up if you find a better solution.

Found it... not mine, have not seen in person.

IMG_7306.jpeg

Back