Scorpion batteries, BatteryStuff.com, voltage and CCA

Long story short or maybe even short story long. During my riding season bike refused to start 2x. Check connection , Positive & ground , everything was good . So I ordered new battery 320 cc . While I was waiting tried something, I've got a idiot charger ( not smart ). Charged the battery for 45 min at 6amps. I have not had a problem with it since. I've stored the bike for the winter since mid November. Today I tried starting it to up to heat the oil for its yearly chg & it started up as if the battery was new. I'm wondering if it could be that a battery gets a memory imprint after a while. From there it just keeps goes down. I've received the new battery & I have not filled it up with the acid yet. I'll keep things posted if it seems to be good after this winter storage. PS: I put trickle charger to it every month during the winter months.

I learned the hard way that if you don't keep your battery cables tight that you get the illusion that it's failing as it won't crank over. I ended up with a new battery and a 4 year old still good battery. Typing this up is part of my therapy and punishment for being a dumb***.
No one is disagreeing with you about the dumbasre admission:D but at four years old you should be replacing the battery anyway, I replace mine every 3-4 years regardless and I replace them with the WalMart battery never had a problem that I can think of.
A lot of battery threads are just overthinking as I said the Walmart special does the job fine for me.

No one is disagreeing with you about the dumbasre admission:D but at four years old you should be replacing the battery anyway, I replace mine every 3-4 years regardless and I replace them with the WalMart battery never had a problem that I can think of.
A lot of battery threads are just overthinking as I said the Walmart special does the job fine for me.
Thanks (I think):unsure:. That's why I went ahead and replaced it as after 4 years it may or may not continue much longer. I know some have had them much longer but I like the piece of mind when I'm away on a trip.

Long story short or maybe even short story long. During my riding season bike refused to start 2x. Check connection , Positive & ground , everything was good . So I ordered new battery 320 cc . While I was waiting tried something, I've got a idiot charger ( not smart ). Charged the battery for 45 min at 6amps. I have not had a problem with it since. I've stored the bike for the winter since mid November. Today I tried starting it to up to heat the oil for its yearly chg & it started up as if the battery was new. I'm wondering if it could be that a battery gets a memory imprint after a while. From there it just keeps goes down. I've received the new battery & I have not filled it up with the acid yet. I'll keep things posted if it seems to be good after this winter storage. PS: I put trickle charger to it every month during the winter months.

Lucky you. There are some smart idiot chargers in service out there. It depends on the degree of difficulty of the problem they have to solve. Im not a battery or charger expert Im a has been stranded, not ridding biker. Few times... but has happened both in the bike and in the MKX. All was fine and thennnn not. New battery fixed the problem.

Gas tank fill 9$, Wrecker charge 175$, New battery 100$, a day riding with Anthony, Theresa or the Gang... Priceless.

IMG_1166.JPG

Walnart battery = scotch cheap? :eek: o_O :roll: :p

Reminds me, when I was young, long before the internet, and for most folks my age, before television, there was an appeal to playing around railroad tracks, and sometimes, when one was coming, we would put a penny on the rail, and with luck, it would be knocked off with the first wheel that rolled over it, after the train had passed, you could go back and pick up the stretched Mr. Lincoln.

Reminds me, when I was young, long before the internet, and for most folks my age, before television, there was an appeal to playing around railroad tracks, and sometimes, when one was coming, we would put a penny on the rail, and with luck, it would be knocked off with the first wheel that rolled over it, after the train had passed, you could go back and pick up the stretched Mr. Lincoln.

You were around before TV? So was I.
Here I been thinking you are way younger than I.
I have fond memories of evenings sitting around the living room with my parents & grand parents listening to radio programs.

Back