Scorpion batteries, BatteryStuff.com, voltage and CCA

They work fine, but in my experience only last 2-3 years. With 2 places, two riding lawnmowers, and 5 bikes, I own quite a selection of them.

Well now then, I shall be a beginner.
With four motors in my garage, if this works, I shall be shopping for more . . .

Paul,
I just saw your "states visited - so far".
You gotta get out more!!! :D

Sometimes, you hit the nail on the head -- and sure did with this one.

Work keeps getting in the way, and this is factoring into my accepting less in retirement, to retire soon enough, to enjoy getting out on the Rocket more.

Not being a trickle guy, I was intrigued by the idea of a "smart" trickle, so I acquiesed and just ordered this cheapie:

Someone recommended the NOCO. Ordered one and had to order another for a friend. Pricy but will charge all types of modern batteries. Also has quick charge and dead battery restore cycles. The only drag is that it has no attachment for the popular battery charger pig tails many of us use. Let that thing on for two days. That's how long it took to restore my allegedly well charged battery. We'll see if it truly holds and saves my current 2y/o acid/lead Yuasa. Drained it almost dead with headlamps left on overnight :mad:

upload_2019-11-28_21-3-28.png

The only drag is that it has no attachment for the popular battery charger pig tails many of us use.
They do their own Pigtails. I have one of those too. Bought some pigtails and found it was easier not to use them. Not tried on the KTM yet.

Let us know if it does well. Need one for the Yukon and one for the Vakyrie. The old trickle things are going in da trash.

Agreed. They are indeed useless.
I have and use a Noco 1000 amp jumer that I like.
If tjis cheaper one works, Ixll get a Noco smart trickle.

Back