I've got the contemporarys on my bike and have no idea what the helmet locks are that he is talking about. Maybe I missed something.

No....It has just 2 studs..... similar to the ghostbrackets.... I think k-drive had the ugly system. It has a quick disconnect but you are left w/ a supporting bar that stays on the bike.

Thanks for the tip, my contemporaries are presently in the hands of UPS. Hopefully they'll be in my hands tomorrow! Just put the Rivco swing arm cover and driveshaft covers on tonight as well as the passenger floorboards and relocater arms. Anyone need a chrome axle nut cover? The swing arm cover hides the axle nut so no need for the Triumph nut cover. Looks boxxy but it reflects the backside of the pipes.

For those of you that were planning on pulling the Leatherlyke sticker off the side of the Contemporary bags like myself.....I got bad news. They must have updated the bags because it's not a sticker anymore. The Leatherlyke lettering is now molded into the plastic which makes taking it off almost impossible w/out ruining the bags. But on the brigher side; the lettering is smaller and looks alot better then the big and bulky letters they had before. I am going to mount the Triumph sissybar logo on the side also...... it should look pretty well. I would post pictures but I have no digital camera....... I've sunk all my $$$$ into the Triumph sissybar logos......... LOL.

Got the Comtemporary Leatherlykes this afternoon and were a cinch to put on in no time. They look as great as I had hoped they would. The quick release clips on the inside of the bags are tethered on their own leather straps so you can't lose them! and the Helmet lock has a sticker telling everyone that it's a helmet lock but you can't see the clip or the sticker with the lid closed. But as far as putting ice in them.....they're lined with a thin layer of foam rubber so getting them dry again will take weeks or just rip out the foam. The down side is that you can't open them without the key so they must stay locked in order to secure the lid from flyin open under speed. But the nice part is that the studs look almost identical to my bolt covers that I had on the original bolt-heads, so it still fits the theme of the bike when the luggage is in the garage corner. Well off to the bars to show them off.....

Back