Russell Day Long Saddle

snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Well it's finally here and the verdict is good! The Mrs. likes the new seat. I like it as well but it's going to take some getting use to. It puts me a little taller but I suspect that will change some with break in. We've not been on a trip longer than 60 miles but on the stock seat that was plenty enough for her to be uncomfortable. I must say that I really like the back rest for me, I don't slouch which I think will translate in to less fatigue on longer trips. I also think that it looks pretty good on the beast, I was worried that it would give it that "grandpa" look (even though I am a grandpa). I'll post some pics either Sunday or Monday, I have to clean the bike first or Busa Jack will be on my case:D

I sure hope to make it to the RAA, but like last year I probably won't know till close to time to go. I'm gonna give it my best shot:D

Well it's finally here and the verdict is good! The Mrs. likes the new seat. I like it as well but it's going to take some getting use to. It puts me a little taller but I suspect that will change some with break in. We've not been on a trip longer than 60 miles but on the stock seat that was plenty enough for her to be uncomfortable. I must say that I really like the back rest for me, I don't slouch which I think will translate in to less fatigue on longer trips. I also think that it looks pretty good on the beast, I was worried that it would give it that "grandpa" look (even though I am a grandpa). I'll post some pics either Sunday or Monday, I have to clean the bike first or Busa Jack will be on my case:D

Snuff,

when you post the pics of your new seat could you also indicate if you had to first send them your stock seat, the turnaround time and if it doesn't get you into any trouble the size of Mrs Snuff.

I'm still undecided whether to go with the Russell Day long or wait until Des of Ultimate Seats north of the border or SBF (The German outfit Garyculb put us onto) come out with a one piece rider/pillion seat.

Snuff,

when you post the pics of your new seat could you also indicate if you had to first send them your stock seat, the turnaround time and if it doesn't get you into any trouble the size of Mrs Snuff.

I'm still undecided whether to go with the Russell Day long or wait until Des of Ultimate Seats north of the border or SBF (The German outfit Garyculb put us onto) come out with a one piece rider/pillion seat.
Turn around time was 2 weeks.

Snuff,

Thanks for the info, looking forward to seeing the pics.

Flip,

It looks like I'll be needing my seat. Is it safe to assume your BIL Bart has sold the one he recently had for sale?

Snuff

Tomos going to make It a new rule for the site,,No picts.of dirty bikes...That means you to Piggy.. BJC

Back