Run premium fuel?

Just read 12 pages on suggested octane but not much about the timing change for the people running a tune. I would be willing to bet that TuneEcu advances the timing from stock but don't know for sure. I plan on running a tune from Brentune and I know for sure the timing will be advanced from stock. I know the Stage 2 tune they made for my BMW will change parameters if it recognizes an octane that is not sufficient to protect the engine and revert to Stage 1 parameters. These guys are next level tuners though

Nope:
1630456974650.png
Octane 87 or higher is what the article says

#115.....
Ive tried all four US octanes (87, 89, 91, 93) since I too didn't have a clear understanding of what to use. The last two (91/93) are depending upon location of course. The only difference I have noticed is the strength of the gas odor in my garage after riding. The gas smell is much stronger at the higher octanes. AKI 87 produced minimal odor after a ride (if any). 91/93's odor lingered for quite some time. For the before mentioned reason, I now use only 87 and have no problems at all.

As time goes on i learned that the lower grade octane works better in most of the tockets even the late gen.
If your rocket has the timming advanced to take advantage of the higher octane then that would b good u should run high octane.

As time goes on i learned that the lower grade octane works better in most of the tockets even the late gen.
If your rocket has the timming advanced to take advantage of the higher octane then that would b good u should run high octane.
The stock 2020 GT should run 87 US octane without a problem.. Using a higher octane rating is actually a waste of money because anything over 87 will actually burn slower
in the combustion chamber, leaving a lot of unburned hydrocarbons for the converter to clean up.. You will be able to smell it in the exhaust at idle as well.
Incomplete combustion creates a host of problems especially carbon buildup on the piston crowns and head.

Back