Rode San Diego to DC, took Rte 66

Tis even a better ride if'n ya do up the Ozarks and Smokeys on the way to The Wall.
Abe, didja do any of those terrific roads? If not, now you're out there ya gotta go.
BTW - Goodonya for staying with your chillin!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
No, but they're on my list!

Thanks, it went well. Biggest day was 780 miles.
Here's a link to the luggage I used: TOURMASTER Motorcycle Apparel & Gear - Nylon Cruiser III Traveler Sissybar Bag
It's not perfect, and does tend to chew into the back of the sissy bar backrest a bit, but it's held up very well over the years, at least 10,000 miles, all sorts of weather, and well into triple digit speeds.
thanks a bunch '''
looking into luggage ..... as I plan to do the eastern alps in summer of 2019 done the western alps in 2010 loved it and now eastern alps becomes bucket list item #1

Great pics. I rode R66 several years ago from upstate Wisconsin to home with three other riders and missed much having to defer to them. I want to do it again by myself, as did you, and will see so much more. Thanks so much for the pics.

Great shots!....dont know your country but sure as hell know the feeling of having to move....3 divorces makes a man cautious, angry and deeper in love with the solitude and freedom a bike brings..not all the time i might add but its great to be able to twist that throttle and ride the blues away!
download.jpg

Last edited:
Right there with you. Working with fourth wife. Wife number three just laughed at her and her boyfriend. Met them in a public restaurant in Virginia and shook his hand. Said thanks and rode off to Oklahoma. Wife number two ran off with her girlfriend and shook their hands in California and rode off to Oklahoma. Wife Number One wanted a better life. Met her and her mom shook hands in Nevada and rode to Oklahoma. Now we are $ucked. This wife is from Oklahoma.:(:(:(:(:(:( No where to run.

Never came to Oklahoma for that. 13 years later and still scratching my head. "What was I thinking" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Never really regretted it.

i'm a bit the same ...came home from aussie...landed in Christchurch, met a lady the next night...still here almost 30 years now...different lady but...

Back