Florida Riders, I promise to show you a good time

I am going to pass on this one. Thought the start time was going to be earlier. The destination will leave me a ways from home. Not that I mind the extra riding, but I have things I need to do late afternoon and evening. Have a good time and be safe.

What a great ride! I just arrived back home after a 250-mile loop.

Thanks for putting this ride together, Paddy. Lots of fun. Great meeting you, Fingers!

I’m sure Paddy will add a ride report, but for now, here are some photos.

6C5F7AF1-006F-4663-84E2-47B9455E1016.jpeg
01462733-5C62-4EB8-94BD-29F4D503B218.jpeg
68034B75-3817-474C-9BCD-28F34BE4BE6E.jpeg
04D1D438-1A98-4768-A0DA-CDD642DDF23E.jpeg
680D60AA-C307-4EA5-AAF7-374ED0F372C3.jpeg
A85F7A1D-D0C5-41A8-B91B-ABD4AA70ABB6.jpeg

The weather was perfect. Sunny and temps in the mid 70's. I believe the roads we went on today to be some of the best roads in the state of Florida for twisties, sweepers, rolling hills, and scenery. While all of the roads we hit before lunch were good, the most fun were Istachatta Road-Trails End-Withlapopka-Gobbler. Lots of twists and turns there. We stopped at a Mexican restaurant in Inverness named "Habaneros" to eat and it was very good. The last road we went to was Ozello Trail in Citrus county. Another rider (non-Rocket) and Fingers were very familiar with this road. Dandiego said that Fingers did not touch his brakes once on this road, he knew it so well! If you every ride this road you will realize the enormity of this statement! It takes a lot of rides to master this road. If you are interested in this ride I have attached a GPX file of the ride. Looking forward to organizing another ride in about a month.

Attachments

• Florida Ride.GPX
    194.1 KB · Views: 2
I enjoyed reading through this thread. The rider with the large backrest for
his passenger has displayed a knack for tending to the backseaters for sure!!!

The weather was perfect. Sunny and temps in the mid 70's. I believe the roads we went on today to be some of the best roads in the state of Florida for twisties, sweepers, rolling hills, and scenery. While all of the roads we hit before lunch were good, the most fun were Istachatta Road-Trails End-Withlapopka-Gobbler. Lots of twists and turns there. We stopped at a Mexican restaurant in Inverness named "Habaneros" to eat and it was very good. The last road we went to was Ozello Trail in Citrus county. Another rider (non-Rocket) and Fingers were very familiar with this road. Dandiego said that Fingers did not touch his brakes once on this road, he knew it so well! If you every ride this road you will realize the enormity of this statement! It takes a lot of rides to master this road. If you are interested in this ride I have attached a GPX file of the ride. Looking forward to organizing another ride in about a month.

Nice. Thanx for posting your rts. I need to ride Ozello Trail very soon, it's about 130 miles from here.

Back