Florida Riders, I promise to show you a good time

PaddyO

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3T
After the great ride with dandiego and PreStaged, I want to offer a ride up in my part of the state. The ride will begin at the Flying J at State Road 52 and I-75 near San Antonio and end at the Pilot Travel Center at State Road 44 and I-75 near Wildwood. In between there will be twisties, sweepers, and a lot of pretty country side. There will even be a wonderful view of the Gulf of Mexico. The total ride will take about 4 hours and cover 131 miles. At the halfway point there is a good Mexican restaurant or a local burger place that make really good burgers and their own root beer.

I am thinking Saturday, November 17th which is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. If that is too close to Thanksgiving, we could do Saturday, December 1. According to historical averages, that will be about 4 degrees cooler than the November date.

Either way, we could start at 10 am, get to the eating place by 12. Assuming an hour for lunch, we would arrive at the Pilot Travel Center around 3 pm.

What do y'all think?

Florida on a whole really sucks for motorbike riding not much technical skill involved in fact if you have ever rode in Holland then think of Florida, now I live about 30miles from the highest point in Florida and that is only about 340feet, I can pee higher in the morning.

Florida on a whole really sucks for motorbike riding not much technical skill involved in fact if you have ever rode in Holland then think of Florida, now I live about 30miles from the highest point in Florida and that is only about 340feet, I can pee higher in the morning.

Florida does not have the roads of the states along the Appalachians, Rockies, or Poconos. Mountains make for fun roads. However, there are a number of nice roads in the state, some of them in my area of west central Florida. We will be hitting some twisties which I think most will find fun and challenging. There are some nice sweepers going through tunnels of overhanging trees. The scenery and home can also be enjoyable as well. And there will be a stop at the Gulf of Mexico after one particularly fun road. I know it is a long ride from FWB, but join us if you can.

Back