Florida Riders, I promise to show you a good time

If you think switchbacks /tight curves, multiple curves are perfect conditions then you must have some nice roads down South so I might pay you a visit:D
Ride safe my friend and please join us next year at Maggie Valley as that area has all the type of roads you can dream of from long sweepers to super tight curves:D we are looking at about 30-50 rockets for the event.

Am I to understand that you have freed 4 (!) motorcycles from the frigid reaches of the North?! Is this the Underground Railroad for motorcycles? :roll:

Only 3 motorcycles, I left the Rocket and a couple others up North because I plan to be back there and depart in June for Maggie Valley.

Going to keep eye on this thread, will be busy at work till after Christmas. But might try to hit Florida this January just to escape our winter here for a few days. Hope you all have a great ride.

Rick

I'll be back down around 1/10, stay till about 4/1 or so, we'll catch a ride one way or another.

Looking at the forecast for Saturday, 12/1 the chances of rain are pretty high, especially in the afternoon. For those coming from the south, the chances are even higher for when you would be coming up or going back home.

Therefore, the ride will be postponed to the next Saturday, 12/8. Right now the long range forecast is not good, but that will hopefully change the way the long range forecast for this coming Saturday changed from no rain to high chance for rain.

Well folks, the weather forecast continues to look good. Those of you who are interested in coming, please let me know which of the following 3 options you would like to stop to eat.

Indicate your preference for each of the three. 1 for first choice, 2 for second choice, and 3 for third choice. Lowest total of the choices wins. I have included links to their menus to help you decide.

Habanero's Mexican Grill
Habanero's Mexican Grill | The best Mexican Restaurant in Florida!

Paige's Root Beer
Paige's Root Beer's menu | Lecanto, FL

Cedar River Seafood
Our Food Menus | Cedar River Seafood

We will be leaving from the Flying J Travel Center, 29933 FL-52, San Antonio, FL 33576 which is at State Road 52 and I-75. We will leave at 12:00 noon, stop to eat about 2:00, and end up at the TA Travel Center, 556 E FL-44, Wildwood, FL 34785 which is at the corner of State Road 44 and I-75.

I have some guys from my church wanting to come on the ride. Our Rockets will probably be the biggest collection of Rockets they will have ever seen in the wild. We will get to the Flying J about 11:45 am.

Place your votes as to where to eat and looking forward to seeing everyone!

I plan to be there and have no preference either way on which restaurant we’ll stop at.

Since it’s not all R3s, I may invite a couple HD friends with whom I regularly ride...

I’ll see you Saturday, before noon.

Back