Rode San Diego to DC, took Rte 66

I recently needed to move from beautiful San Diego to the DC area. I shipped my car and a pod of stuff, and rode the Rocket solo coast to coast. I rode Rte. 66 in reverse from Santa Monica to Chicago, swung by Hell, MI, just to say I've been there, and took non-toll roads the rest of the way. I'd been planning on dropping down to TN to ride the Blue Ridge Pkwy up, camping along the way, but the weather forecast that week was torrential, apocalyptic rain of 2-4" per hour all day every day. Thought I'd post a few photos...

20180725_083926.jpg
20180725_165850.jpg
20180725_172900.jpg
20180725_173916.jpg
20180725_174727.jpg
20180725_194634.jpg
20180726_172056.jpg
20180726_194139.jpg
20180726_210631.jpg
20180726_211237.jpg
Great pictures. Thanks for posting. I bet you could really open up that rocket and let it fly on those roads.

I’m sorry you had to make that move.
Fantastic trip though :thumbsup:
You and me both! Divorce, wasn't awarded custody, had to follow the kids 2 and 4 as the ex moves with her new boyfriend who got re-stationed from Camp Pendleton to Quantico. Some day I'll move back to San Diego...

Of course not, officer.
Lol. Aw man, tell us about it.

I live in SC but for the time keep my R3T up in NOVA in Warrenton VA. I want to ride some this fall on the BRP. Another rocket rider is up this way too. We ought to coordinate a round up rocket ride. Let me know when you are out this way. Mollie's Irish pub or the Warthog brewery are good spots in Warrenton.

Of course not, officer.

You and me both! Divorce, wasn't awarded custody, had to follow the kids 2 and 4 as the ex moves with her new boyfriend who got re-stationed from Camp Pendleton to Quantico. Some day I'll move back to San Diego...
You do know why divorce is so expensive don't you? Because it's worth it. (Been there, done that.)

I’m so jealous, that looks amazing and sounds like a fantastic trip!!

Tis even a better ride if'n ya do up the Ozarks and Smokeys on the way to The Wall.
Abe, didja do any of those terrific roads? If not, now you're out there ya gotta go.
BTW - Goodonya for staying with your chillin!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very nice ride. Try to come down to this enchanted land before making the decision to go back to Cali. Now you're close enough to ride to the RAA next year in Maggie.

Back