Rockets Across America!!!!

No Iron Butt for me on the way out to the BBQ. I will be stopping in Indianapolis at fellow Trat.net members house "denny". I am trying to convince him to join me for the weekend in KC. He has a nicely customized 98 Thunderbird Sport.

Not sure what time I will make it into KC...I am hoping no later than mid afternoon on Saturday.

Toystoretom said:
Yes... the 24th is still on.... we'll post more as we get closer to that date. I will try to track Ugarte's and Vonbond's progress across the USA as they travel...

If I do an ironbutt on the way out I will hit Winnemucca thursday eve, North Platte (IB ride) Friday eve, then blue spring easily by 3 or 4 pm saturday. If no ironbutt it will be Winnemucca, Cheyenne then blue spring, and I won't get in till 7 or 8.

I am going to need some music to listen to if I do an ironbutt ride, seems appropriate that I should listen to "Iron Butterfly"........yuck yuck, snicker, snort, chortle.....:D :rolleyes:

Is Denver a possible stopping point

Hey Ugarte,

I'm here in Denver and if you are willing, you could save some hotel money and crash here on your way thru.

I am trying to work out getting a few days off of work to continue the trip with you out to KC. I'm trying to talk another rocket owner here to go also so could be a few of us if he is able.

Let me know if you think it's an option.

Doug

Last edited:
Doug33 said:
Hey Ugarte,

I'm here in Denver and if you are willing, you could save some hotel money and crash here on your way thru.

I am trying to work out getting a few days off of work to continue the trip with you out to KC. I'm trying to talk another rocket owner here to go also so could be a few of us if he is able.

Let me know if you think it's an option.

Doug

Thanks much for the offer of shelter Doug, but a Denver overnighter would not quite work out. However, if I stay in Cheyenne, and forego the iron butt I could detour through Denver the next day and meet with you in the AM for the ride out to Blue Springs. We would have about 645 miles to go.

Board meeting @ Kehde's BBQ booked

Future and present aficionados of Kehde's culinary BBQ delights,

I went down to Kehdes today for a late lunch and enjoyed burnt ends on an onion roll,...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm and some delicious cole slaw,...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Anyway I just need to give them a number early Sunday Morning and they will hold tables.
As far as getting "Karen" again as our esteemed waitress, no dice as she only filled in for a friend when she served us last. Karen usually works on Sunday's but not until 3:00pm but would be most willing to come in early and visit with us. Karen can then tell y'all about her new puppy names Jack, a black Scottish Terrier. She is looking for a Jill to keep him company ,.....:roll:

Pianoman, the burnt ends were extra good today! The frosty mug of draught Hires root beer really hit the spot as well, or was it Dad's?:bch:

Its going to be hard to put an exact number on it because it sounds like we may have some other welcome guests from afar..:D, I would guess right now maybe 10 to 12... I'm sure if I grease the right palm we will be able to fit everyone in...

Just to give Hondax an idea... if you are planning on attending or are thinking about it shoot him a PM... I think we will at least have Myself, Ugarte, Vondbonds, Hondax, Pianoman, maybe Patrick, I think Raymond? Danno and his lovely wife..., Pergy, maybe Swanee, Doug33 and friends??? And maybe a few more?? 12 or so may be about right... it could go higher..:bch:

Toystoretom said:
Its going to be hard to put an exact number on it because it sounds like we may have some other welcome guests from afar..:D, I would guess right now maybe 10 to 12... I'm sure if I grease the right palm we will be able to fit everyone in...

Just to give Hondax an idea... if you are planning on attending or are thinking about it shoot him a PM... I think we will at least have Myself, Ugarte, Vondbonds, Hondax, Pianoman, maybe Patrick, I think Raymond? Danno and his lovely wife..., Pergy, maybe Swanee, Doug33 and friends??? And maybe a few more?? 12 or so may be about right... it could go higher..:bch:

It's no big deal if we run high on the numbers. Kehde's can accommodate as they deal with biker gangs all the time.:D This is going to be great!!!:)

Guests?

:confused: I am really excited about meeting up with this crazy group, so count on me. I also have a friend that will be riding with me, and two non Rocket friends that would like to join in if that is alright. One rides a road king and the other a vintage Triumph. That would make 4 in my group, will that be a problem?

Vonbonds...thanks, you guys will really like my riding friends, and the girl is pretty cute!. If you need a place to stay in KC on your trip just let me know, I would be glad to accomodate. :bch:

Back