Rockets Across America!!!!

Chuck, maybe next year the weather gods will be smiling on you if we can make this happen again. Next year though I am going for the Burnt Ends or whatever they are called! They looked good!

vonbonds said:
Chuck, maybe next year the weather gods will be smiling on you if we can make this happen again. Next year though I am going for the Burnt Ends or whatever they are called! They looked good!

Great job on the return trip Vonbonds. You sure were flying!!:eek: . I would be interested in the route you took home.
PM me your address and I'll send you some burnt ends, if i can get them to you frozen. You earned them.:bch:

I uploaded the route I took as a map. Click on it to make it larger.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Pianoman, the trip down south was MUCH more enjoyable than the incredibly straight runs of Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. I figure this trip took about two hours longer than if I took I-70 the whole way but it was worth it. Our country is so beautiful! Now don't get me wrong, it is a site to behold looking at America's bread basket along I-70 but I have done that trip 3-4 times now and change was needed. Running through WV even on the interestate was a blast, it was essentially sweepers the whole way. My tire doesn't look too squared off and I figure I have WV to thank for that :).

I will try to do a write up of my trip plus some of the gear I used this time around such as my Rev'it! gloves and Neos overshoe. You all saw my two piece riding suit as well from Olympia. Hopefully work will be slow later this week so I can concentrate on putting in some nice links so others can see what products I used.

Last edited:
Back