Rockets Across America!!!!

Great news!

Hey vonbonds, good to hear the journey this way was safe.
Have a great evening with the guys.
See ya soon.

Bigern made it up from Oklahoma.... We had a few drinks.. we laughed... we cried... we ate Clancy burgers.... tommorrow is looking good!!!

Its 8:30 AM here in Beautiful Blue Springs Missouri.... the skys are overcast with a current temperature of 56 degrees F with no precipitation, a high of 65 to 70 forecast and partly sunny later.

The current price of unleaded 10% 89 octane Ethanol at Casey's is $1.95 per gallon.

Git yer motors runnin'.....:D

Very good turn out @ Kehde's today. Sure missed you this round Pig9r. I'm still burping BBQ taste, which is always OK by me.

Let's see, there was Raymond Brazwell of KC and three friends(not sure where they are from), Ironbutter(Swanee) and friend, both from Topeka, KS, Vonbonds from Maryland, BigErn from OK, Rusty from St Joe, MO, Pianaman from Olathe(?) KS, Patrick from Kansas side of Kansas City. Tomo from Blue Springs MO, and me, Hondax from Windsor,MO.

I regret I was not able to spend more time bull sh____g, er, talking and getting to know y'all. :( I'm sure this won't be the last time I see many of you.
We had seven Rockets in one place which is the most I've ever seen "live". Four Cardinal Red and three Black. If Pianoman continues to accessories at current rate, He will run out of places to hold the handlebars.:D
As great as a Rocket looks, I have to say Harley Davidson makes some REALLY sharp looking bikes, as three stunners were @ Kehde's.
BigErn told us he should have his Rocket back together in a week or so and will keep us informed.
Sorry i can't remember Swanee's friends name from Topeka but he had a sandwich called "Carolina pork"(?) made with sliced pork roast and cole slaw and it looked real appetizing. I will try it soon. You can make book on that!!
Ray told me about a biker bar in KC called Knucklehead's that's on my list of places to go. Sorry Vonbonds I was not able to spend more time with you, having come from Maryland and all. Maybe we could swap declassified high tech stories as I, in a past life, worked for UTMC (United Technologies Microelectronics Center) on a couple kewl Gov't programs, one in particular with the Isreali Air force.:cool:
Tomo was able to answer questions from my 3 X 5 card to my satisfaction,....thx Tomo!:)
Patrick had lots to say as well, which seems quite natural for him, and pleasurable for us. Thanks to all for showing up and making the ride to humble Sedalia, giving me many memories to reflect on. Pictures will follow as I did manage to take a few.

PS-got to get one of those backrests Pianoman and Vonbonds have.

Jeff(Hondax)

Nice summary Jeff!

I had a great time meeting everyone as well. I am relaxing in the hotel now watching football in my room. I remembered I brought my wireless card so I am using my laptop to type this.

I will post details of Bike Week in Mrytle Beach in 2007 when I get them from my friend. Ray and his friends expressed interest in going so hopefully we can hook up with a few more Rockets again next year in South Carolina. Ray, if all of your lady friends looked like the girl you brang please bring them ALL next time!! :).

I will share the pictures I took when I get home. I figure I will do the southern route back going through Louisville rather than Indy....just something different and I think that route only adds 50-70 miles onto the trip.

I would like to give a special thanks to toystoretom (Tomo) and bigern2300 (Ernie). I had a great time last night drinking beers and shooting the bull at Clancy's. This trip was a lot of fun and well worth the crappy weather I rode through to get here!

Great job everyone, I look forward to meeting with you guys next year :).

Tom

Some Pics!!

I hope everyone had a good time. As you know we just kinda threw this thing together and really... just played it by ear. I sure had a good time and I know I didn't spend enough time with everyone. Everyone I talked to was a hoot and there sure are a lot of interesting and fun people in this group. We even had a few Harley boys in the crowd and they were great... they can ride with us anytime. I wish I would have spent more time with Raymond as it appeared he brought a supermodel with him....

Here are some pics... if you go to the photo album and click on them you can get a much larger detailed pic.

It seems that I caught Vonbonds stealing something from this Rocket...

Dave, Patrick, and Dirty Ernie..

Here's Ernie trying to remeber how his goes back together..

Unbelieveable... look at all this stuff, Pianoman needs a bigger alternator..

Some more pics..

Here we are waitng to go....

Here we are in Sedalia at Kehde's... we ended up parking all over the place, they were busy!

Another shot...

Does a ton of flour make a big biscuit?? That's the one Pianoman latched onto..

Back